23 October 2022

Loving this sketch

AAA CAS challenge site have a really interesting sketch this week which I have to be honest I was a bit stumped at first with but then remembered the masking tape technique which Rhonda Fawcett taught me and I blogged about  HERE.


Now I didn't want my strip to be as wide as masking tape so I put a piece of my Satin masking tape from Altenew on a scrap of card stock and then chopped down the middle with my guillotine, it was the perfect width now IMO so I peeled off the card stock and held down the tape on Mango Melody (SU!)  and then holding the inked tape I touched the card mat. Repeated the step with Garden Green (SU!) ink. I then finished off with a die cut the  Hello tiny sentiments die from Altenew in Mango Melody card stock.


Colours were chosen to play along with the Color Throwdown's colour challenge for this week too.




I used Waffle Flower's additional A2 layer dies for my mat. I think this set of dies and the original A2 dies are my best investment to my crafting stash this year.

Well I am not feeling very chipper today I was struck down by some lurgy bug last night out of the blue (I'll blame the grandkids) so this is the main reason I have combined the 2 challenges but I have to be honest having the colours and sketch made making a card very easy even if your brain is foggy. I challenge you to join in too if you can. Until next time.

✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch and great way to use the colors!! Love this CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of technique to create your fabulous CAS card for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen