1 October 2022

First day of SCT Crop & Create Delivered Cardmaking part one

Wow that is a mouthful it will now be known as SCTCCD (fall edition). Way back in April a few members of the Stamp Junkies Facebook group were getting REALLY excited about it. Being the snoop bomb I am I went off to investigate and thought that is a lot of money but when I started going the maths it is actually phenomenal value. 

There are approximately 20 classes, 50 cards being taught by 20 different tutors. These are not just tutors these are the rock gods of the stamping world for a lot of the classes on offer. So if I even just took the value of 20 classes at $20/class which is typically what I pay for when I go to a SU! class that is $400 alone. A class at SENZ would cost me $50/3 cards minimum and both those options are just the class and the cards I get to take home.

So here as well as the classes I get all the stamp sets, dies, stencils, lunar paste, flock and glitter and also 6 mini ink cubes etc. I would hate to guesstimate the value of what was sent to me but it weighed 10 pounds! 

If you want to check out what I signed up for this is the official page at Scrapbook Cards Today HERE.

There has been a lot of prep getting ready for the event but we have even been provided videos if the prep is complicated. Now if I was truly crazy I could have got out of bed at 3am in NZ and taken part in 10 mini classes to my 2.30pm plus today. But I had already decided I am going to create "live" with them from my 8am to approx. 1pm each day and do half a day's KRafting. So today I did 3 mini classes which were an hour long each and we made 2-3 cards at each class. The rest of the classes I can watch the replay and do later.
  • Mari Clark from Your Next Stamp
  • Laura Graff from scrapbook.com
  • Simon Hurley from Ranger Ink
I was hoping to do Vicki Boutin's Happy Hour class but happy hour started off in Gina K's studio with Catherine from SCT and Gina chatting away to us and giving away prizes and I had another commitment at 2.30pm so when it looked like Vicki B was starting after 1.45pm and not 1pm as stated I decided I would watch her class video another time.

So if you have made it this far here's todays stamping fun.

Starting off with a postcard we received from SCT.



These were my 6 cards all lined up which I had created after the 3 one hour classes; I still needed to finish off 2 cards which I did finish after dinner tonight and will snap tomorrow.


First class for me was Mari Clark and Your Next Stamp: a company I have never heard of but this is so adorable. This is a small stamp set and we received the matching die and some gumdrops (which were enamel drops with glitter).


We were supposed to make 2 cards but I only managed one in the first hour, so you will have to wait for part 2 to see the second card.




Next up was Laura Graff from scrapbook.com and she made both the cards from scratch that I am about to show you in the hour, she was a machine as I had die cut out all my flowers for card one in my prep before class and I am sure it took me 2 hours to die cut and glue them together plus then add a drop of Snowflakes Pop of Colour in the middle of each flower.


scrapbook.com were so generous we also got the bottle of  Snowflakes Pop of Colour which is like Stickles but makes a really nice drop and seems to take on the colour it's on top of plus  they also gave us a magic mat for our die cutting in our swag bag. But what a phenomenal set and dies for our class called Hello Bloom we received. All our stamp sets etc are exclusive for the event and are not available to purchase but they maybe released later or not.





Again I finished of the third bonus card for this class after dinner and will reveal tomorrow in part 2 along with my first go using stamping foam with Simon Hurley and playing with lunar paste, even my left thumb nail is a bit sparkly with my Clear Skies Lunar Paste that we received in our box of goodies.

#cropcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen