16 October 2022

It is Springtime down under

And the crew at Just Add Ink have an absolutely stunning inspirational photo to switch on our creative juices this week. This is a gorgeous inspirational photo which matches the perfect Spring day in NZ I am experiencing today. There are still 4 days to play along with the challenge if you would like to join in too or just check out everyone else's beautiful cards.


I knew exactly what stamp set I would use to try and KReate a field of flowers; my Painted Daisies from Pinkfresh Studios with it's coordinating 6 layer stencil and die.

Now I have to be honest this is my first go at colouring up with 6 layers and I was certainly able to add a lot more depth to the images. I got a bit confused what stencil I was using so I probably did one layer wrong but it is certainly very pretty and colourful. I love the green combo I ended up with my for my leaves it wasn't my original intention to use this combo and not sure if I have seen it used before but I think it works really well: Mint/Fresh Pear/Meadow. I stamped with a light grey ink (Misty Coast) before blending. I have to admit the sentiment was in my left over sentiments but I feel it works really well, I do love The Ton's easy expressions sentiments where you can layer up 2 colours or one embossed like below, it is really effective.



Supply List (all PFS unless stated otherwise):
Stamps: Painted Daisies (matching stencils and die), Easy Expressions Birthday (The Ton)
Ink: Misty Coast, Mint, Fresh Pear, Meadow, Sunshine, Apricot, Persimmon, Coral Reef, Passionfruit, Candied Apple, Versamark, Versafine
Paper: Neenah White, #110 Lavinia Multifarious smooth and supreme (the layer I blended on), Petal Pink (SU!), Mint Macaron (SU!)
Other: Dotted Scallops coverplate die, gold metallic pearls, stamping foam squares,  A2 Layering dies (WF), gold EP
Challenges: JAI #625

Excited to share my card was picked as the winner this week.




✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, Karen. Fab choice of colours & you’ve used the stencil beautifully. The pierced background really adds a lovely, subtle touch too. Thanks for joining our JAI inspiration challenge.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di you knocked this challenge out of the park IMO

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen