10 October 2022

Floral Bauble for Christmas

I maybe getting addicted to Virtual Classes. I was disappointed that my favourite company Pinkfresh Studios were not taking part in SCT's virtual event last week (they normally do participate). So I signed up for their Create and Connect Holiday 2022 event that just happened this weekend. 

We received product that is not currently available for the event but had 4 fab instructors, Heather Hoffman, Carissa Wiley, Lea Lawson and Laura Bassan. 

We had 4 classes over 2 days creating 2 cards with a bonus card in our booklet with each instructor. 

Per usual real life is happening at the same time so far I have only done Heather Hoffman's class but wow it will be quite hard to give these cards away. 

We received stamp sets (4), dies (5), cover plate dies (1), stencils (3), gold metallic pearls and new mini blending brushes in our kit supplies. We had to provide our own cardstock, vellum, glitter paper etc. I have used Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder for my gold embossing on these cards but pretty everything else if PFS apart from my blending brushes which I purchased from Taylored Expressions a long time ago as they are coloured handles. Lea also mentioned that she was using the new PFS blending brushes in her class so I am saving my set to use there (I think there are 6 in our wee box).


The first card was the no line floral bauble coloured up with the stencil (5 layers) and then die cut out.


Supplies used:
  • Floral Bauble (stencils and dies)
  • Christmas Sentiments (stamp set and co-ordinating die - this is a one piece set and you cut out a lot of sentiments)
  • Snowflake coverplate die
  • Art Deco frame die
  • Gold metallic pearls
  • Inks (all PFS): Ballet Slipper, Sparkling Rose, Bubblegum, Fresh Pear, Ocean Breeze, Sweet Mustard
The second card we gold embossed the floral bauble stamp - I did mine before class and missed the tip that with big photopolymer stamps make sure that they "fit inside" the corresponding die when on your MISTI door. So my die cut out is not perfect but it is still extremely pretty and I love the vibrancy of the colours we used for this bauble.


Supplies used:
  • Floral Bauble (stamp, stencils and dies)
  • Kaleidoscope stencils
  • Art Deco frame die
  • Gold metallic pearls
  • Inks (all PFS): Coral Reef, Passionfruit, Berrylicious, Aquamarine, Tidal Pond, Sweet Mustard

I am off to try a few more things with this set before I attempt class 2 with Carissa and snowflakes.

#pfcreateandconnect

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen