17 October 2022

Just Saying Hello

I was looking at my card stash the other day saying I needed more HELLO cards as I haven't sent out any cards to my old neighbours for quite awhile. The challenge at The Card Concept and at Allsorts Challenge gave me the motivation to make a "hello" card for one of my ex-neighbours who is now in a retirement village after his wife and one of my bestie crafting buddies passed away.

Allsorts want us to use a sentiment (so that is extremely easy) and TCC has a Colours of Fall inspirational picture.



I have used the picture as my inspiration but tried to stick to the colour palette approximately for my silhouette card using Gina K's Friendly Silhouettes stamp set. The saying comes from Altenew's Magnolia Butterfly stamp set. I have used Gina's masking magic to create my mask for the top. The colours of my blend are Fossilized Amber, Crackling Campfire, Faded Jeans and a teeny wee bit of Black soot. I didn't really have a blue like the boat in my distress oxides but am very happy how my blend worked out.

I am happy with my black card mat. I bought a pack of Francheville Black from my local Spotlight store and it's an American card size (11" x 8.5" 176gm) for the tiny price of $11 for 50 sheets, perfect for mats. I have used Lavinia Multifarious Smooth and Supreme white for my blending.


Supply List:
Stamps: Friendly Silhouettes (GKD), Magnolia Butterfly (ALT)
Distress oxides (RNG): Fossilized Amber, Crackling Campfire, Faded Jeans and a teeny wee bit of Black soot
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne Black
Dies: Master Layouts 1 (GKD)
Paper: As described above plus Mango Melody (SU!) for my card base
Other: Masking Magic (GKD), blending brushes (TE)
Challenges: TCC #181, Allsorts #698

Well I think this is a perfect card to send to Neville and hope he enjoys it.
✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. A fabulous atmospheric scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linby thanks for your kind words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully blended sky with the silhouette trees - love it! Thanks so much for joining my "Add a Sentiement" challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning blend and silhouette! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ink blending and a beautiful scene! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! You really captured the essence of the pic. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen