16 October 2022

Party Like A Panda

CAS on Friday's latest challenge was asking for black, white and one colour. I'm not sure what thought process goes through your head when you "think" about a challenge.....often I have to go away and think a bit and then come back with a few ideas and then go no, no, no that won't work when you "map them out" on a card.
This challenge I had a lot of ideas with flowers and then thought about reindeers with ugly Christmas jumpers (I was going to add a pop of one colour to the jumper) but I think the final idea is perfect, as pandas are black and white!

If I was KReating a birthday card I thought I would combine it with the challenge at AAA Birthday which is to use your favourite technique. I am in love with stencils and how they just add a little something to take your CAS card and give it a bit more wow. So stenciling is my technique.


So time to party.....like a panda. 


One of the coolest things about CAS is that you need minimal supplies when you start to put it all together. Pictured below is my supplies minus the stamp set and die (Party Like A Panda - SSS August 2019 monthly card kit). 

I have Copic coloured the hat, paws and party favour with 3 Copics (RV21/23/25) in different blends of the three. I cut out 2 extra diecuts of the panda out of scrap bits of white in my box to give him the tiniest bit of dimension.

Last but not least a wee bit of blending through my stencil (Party Confetti - HA).


I think this is a really cool birthday card and the font is just perfect for wanting to party.

EDITED: My card was chosen in the top 3 for AAA birthday.


✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you there, stencilling is fun to do and always look amazing. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love stenciling but for the humid climate i live in, all ink pads are dry and reinking them every year is not a pocket friendly idea.. So i miss ink blending over stencils alot..
    Coming to your card, i just love your card design.. so beautiful..
    Thank you for joining in AAA birthday challenge
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stencilling too..its so much fun! your card so adorable and beautifully CAS.Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen