25 October 2022

A challenging sketch

I have to admit that the sketch challenge at Just Add Ink this week wasn't giving me any light bulb moments. But if you go with the flow and do it - it really does work.


The first thing was to decide what DSP I wanted to work with. I have to admit I regret buying the gnome bundle from the latest SU! catalogue the gnomes are ugly and the DSP has fab colours but it's really busy and it makes me shudder. But I do love the gnome dies so I was going to make a die cut out gnome for the circle but when I looked at some of the backs of the DSP there are some nice papers with trees and snowflakes so I ended up using those papers and some product that is sitting on my bench as I attempt to finish off my Virtual Holiday cardmaking event with Pinkfresh studios. I love how my card turned out.




Supply List:
Stamps: Christmas sentiments (PFS)
Ink: Pacific Point (SU!)
Paper: Storybook Gnomes DSP (SU!), Pacific Point (SU!), Silver glitter (SU!), white 
Dies: Large Snowflake (PFS), Art Deco frames (PFS)
Other: Silver Sparkle embellishment mix (Trinity Stamps)
Challenges: JAI #626

Looking at my photos I can see I have beaten up my art deco frame a bit trying to get out one wee diamond that didn't cut properly. The dies I received from Pinkfresh Studios for our virtual cardmaking event had a lot of detail and I learnt how to use my metal shim real quick in my Big Shot. My poor old machine must be over 12 years old but it is still working sometimes you just need to work out how!

Well I think this was a fab card sketch so hope you can join in too.
✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. Ohh a great frame Karen - I love the sparkly silver elements. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen