30 September 2022

World Cardmaking Day

Is October 1st and there are a lot of online events happening. I know Stampin' Up! have virtual classes running but they are working with stamp sets I don't own. 

Scrapbook Cards Today magazine has some great presentations and challenges happening on October 1st so it will be October 2nd in New Zealand. So if you don't have any plans for the weekend it looks like there will be a lot of inspiration online with all sorts of companies.

Now interestingly I signed up in April to do a 3 day Crop and Create Cardmaking Delivered with SCT and it's this weekend too.

But back to today's blog post AAA Birthday Card Challenge have a moodboard for their current challenge and it has a wee hedgehog on the board so I knew what stampset I wanted to KReate with. I have even included a wee pink flower in my colouring too.


I have just purchased from Close to My Heart their stampset and matching coverplate die for National Cardmaking MONTH. They go big and create all month not just for one day.

It's an adorable set with flying animals (bunny, mouse, fox, bird and a hedgehog) plus a fab balloon and some great sayings. All the animals and balloons have dies but I have to be honest they weren't easy to get all lined up and I would die cut out of some thicker carboard the die shape and put on top of my image and stick down before running through my Big Shot.

This was my first practice which I have to be honest i wasn't happy about the black quills and I was almost secretly relived it was horrible as I re-stamped it with a no line ink for my second go.


I also have to be honest I have never ever Copic coloured up a hedgehog before, so I checked out the colouring video from my Kit and Clowder bonus class in January 2021 which was a hedgehog. The video was great and had some awesome advice. I am happy with my quills but I need a bit more practice with my "fur" on his body. This class is still available as a bundle of 6 classes in her class shop.

The advice Alyce gave for the quills was go over the dark lines of the image with your darkest colour. Then fill in gaps with other colours and she finished of with a white gel pen. I have to be honest it was quite hard doing him no-line as he didn't have a lot of quills and the edge was the die-cut which is why I die-cut him out before I finished colouring up his body as I wasn't sure I had gone far enough with creating quills and when I saw my die-cut I was pleased to restart.



I think he is just adorable as my image was in a MISTI I restamped over the no-line colouring ink with Soft Suede ink from SU! once I had finished my Copic colouring. Looking at how fine the lines are on the stamped image I am surprised I didn't get more bleed, maybe it was just as well I couldn't really see the image.

Supply List:
Stamp: Floating By (CTMH)
Ink: Ink on 3 fadeout (no line colouring), Soft Suede (SU!), Unicorn White (HA)
Paper: Xpress-IT blending, Neenah #110, Polished Pink (SU!)
Die: Cloud background thinlits (CTMH)
Other: MISTI, white gel pen, white EP, Nuvo glitter gloss pen, mini Stampin' dimensionals
Challenge: AAA Birthday #41

Copics Used:
Hedgehog: E31/43/44/50/57/59/93/97/99; R00/000
Pink Balloon: RV10/23/25
Yellow Balloon: Y11/15/17; E13

EDITED: My card was chosen in the "top 3" this week.



2 comments:

  1. Oh that's the most adorable little hedgehog and I love your pretty coloured balloons. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this card over at AAA Birthday and just loved the cloud background! The hedgehog and balloon are adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen