19 September 2022

Birthday Cutie

A very special girl in my life is turning 3 this coming Thursday, it's hard to believe time flies so fast!

I wanted to make a special card for her using my left over cellophane bags which my stamps etc. come in to make a full card shaker. This is my second go at KReating this shaker card, the first go the sentiment was down the bottom and covered over by the shaking bits when I started constructing it. I also upped the colours in my distress oxides the second time I used for blending. I might have liked the first choice of spun sugar and tumbled glass more but at the time I thought they were a tad too light.

I had bought the Birthday Cutie from MFT stamps awhile ago as I thought she looked like my Indie (my granddaughter), the designer is Rachelle Anne Miller (an Aussie) who also sells really cute digital images. 


The skin and hair colours are in my original notebook of combos I have had since I started my Copic journey. The last 4 colour combos are from the Kit and Clowder website. Alyce provides a new colour combo each week for free on her website, this is the group I do my monthly colouring classes with but there is a heap of FREE stuff as well as the basics of colouring on the website which you can check out HERE.

Copics used:
Skin: E00/E93/V12 and R20 for cheeks (this is my fav skin combo and I acquired this from Marker Geek)
Hair: Y21/YR23/YR24/E43
Cat: W0/W1/W3 and a wee bit of R20
Canary Yellow: Y11/Y15/Y17/E13
Tickle Me Pink: RV10/RV23/RV25
Cerulean: B12/B14/B16
Thistle: BV00/BV02/V15


Supply List
:
Stamps: Birthday Cutie (MFT) and matching die
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment), Memento Tuxedo Black (image to colour up with alcohol markers i.e. the Copics), Kitsch Flamingo oxide (RNG), Salty Ocean oxide (RNG)
Paper: XPress-IT blending card stock, Neenah White
Sprinkles/Gems: Rainbow sprinkles (PPP). Iridescent mini hearts (PPP), Sugared Soiree (Trinity Stamps), tutti fruiti (CTMH), various sequins/flowers - in my stash
Other: Copics, clear embossing powder, stamping foam, red tape, Crystal Glaze (Nuvo), Snowflake Pops of Colour (scrapbook.com), Party Confetti stencil (HA), blending brushes (TE), cellophane bag from my rubbish bin that a stamp set had come in.

It was easier to attach the coloured cut out image to another die cut out which was attached to the bag of sprinkles with red tape as I only needed to use glue. I am really happy how my adorable card turned out and I am sure Indie will love it too. She's always trying to say that cute cards are for her, so this time she will be right!

There's also a sneak peek here of some items from my upcoming virtual cardmaking event I am doing the first weekend in October with SCT Crop Create and Delivered cardmaking; HA Party Confetti stencil, and the Snowflakes Pop of Colour (they're on top of the flowers on her dress), like stickles but clearer and seem to take on the colour underneath.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen