12 September 2022

KRafterific Sunday

Hi everyone just sharing the fun Sunday afternoon I spent just trying things out with my stamping buddy Sarah.

First up was lunch, I re-KReated a fun tomato tart I got in my meal box from My Food Bag this week, which is so easy and so tasty. 

  • Slice a red onion finely and fry on a medium heat for approx. 6 mins until lightly brown. Then add 1 Tbsp of brown sugar and 1Tbsp balsamic vinegar. Allow the onions to caramelise (1-2 minutes). Turn off the heat.
  • Bake blind some ready made puff pastry, remove the end of the roll to make a square and use the offcuts to add a small edge to all 4 sides. Use the back of a fork to press down lightly.
  • Bake for approx. 10 minutes at 220oC.
  • Whilst pastry cooking slice tomatoes (enough to cover pastry).
  • When the pastry is raised remove from oven and sprinkle over the caramelised red onion followed by the tomato slices, crumble over the top some feta cheese and cook another 10 minutes. Serve with a salad.
After lunch it was play time. I had recently made a cool box at a class with Kristine McNickle which she called an all-angles no-adhesive gift box, you can see Kristine's box HERE.

Now I wanted something bright and cheery for Christmas not dark and grungy, so with my template in hand we tried reKReating it. It has some folds on the outer edge and it took awhile for my poor old brain to remember we made the "W folds" using an old fashioned embossing stylus, a pencil to make a mark and a ruler. Then we had problems with my Copics splurting ink when we were colouring the cute wee beach Santa from Lawn Fawn's Beachy Christmas. But even so it looks really cute and I am very comfortable I can whip this up no problem. If you would like to know how to create the box you could contact Kristine directly (I don't like sharing other people's templates) or you could check out this fab box Sandra Pedersen created which has step by step instructions but she uses glue but it looks the same and great pics of how you fold it which is actually one of the more difficult aspects of "how to do it". You can see Sandra's box HERE. She calls it s trapeze box.


We then made a tag and I finally got to use my jingle bells I bought sometime ago from SU. The tag is a die from CTMH and the stamp set is Christmas sELFies from MFT Stamps. I wanted to have a go at colouring with pencils especially the white on Kraft card stock. I loved it so going to visit Gordon harris and buy some more colours. I have a few Polychromos and Prismacolours I use to enhance my Copic colouring in my classes. I liked the Prismacolours best they were creamier and easier to apply. As I didn't have a very light brown I used a ZIG real colour brush marker (Flesh colour) and applied a very light cover. I could see that it was making the ink bleed a bit so tried not to be too heavy as had used Early Espresso ink from SU! to stamp our selfie image as we assumed we were just using pencils to colour.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen