8 September 2022

Fun with Altenew Embossing Folders

I was up early today to take part in a live Zoom meeting with April Leithner, an Altenew Certified Educator, learning a few techniques with embossing folders.


April was working with Feathered Lilies (Craft Your Life) stamps, embossing folder and stencils. I didn't have that set so worked with other Altenew folders I had in my stash.

The first project we used watercolour brush markers to colour in the debossed image in the embossing folder then lightly spritzed the folder with a fine spray and also lightly on our watercolour cardstock. We also did flicks with our markers when everything was dry. 


Supply List:
Embossing Folder: Beautiful Bergenia 3D (ALT)
Stamps: You (PhP) and it's matching dies
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper: Fabriano Extra White watercolour, black glitter (CTMH), Neenah White #110 (card base), Vellum
Other: A2 layering dies (WF), gems (HB), white and clear embossing powders, ZIG real color brush markers, mista bottle (RNG)

The second project involved using a small blending brush and colouring the embossed raised side of the image. We used our lightest colour all over each then blended on a medium and dark colours closer to the base. This was my favourite project I really love how it turned out.

One of the best tips April shared was to run our panel back through our embossing machines inside the folder in case we had flattened it a bit with the blending.


Supply List:
Embossing Folder: Magnolia Ballerina 3D (ALT) and it's matching stencil
Stamps: Seasonal Blooms - thanks sentiment (ALT)
Inks (all ALT): Blush, Rouge, Velvet, Crimson, Warm Sunshine,  Frayed Leaf, Forest Glade, Paper Bag
Paper: Lavinia Multifarious white smooth and supreme, Twinkle Toes holographic (CTMH), Neenah White #110 (card base)
Other: A2 layering dies (WF), gems (HB and SU!), small blending brushes (TE), mista bottle (RNG), splatter from a black ZIG brush marker

We had a third project but it didn't work for me. I still have one more project to try for homework so will share both of them when I get them to work. But it was worth getting out of bed all right to attend.

Altenew have a lot of free classes we can take part in, they certainly give back to their customers which is why I have tried to use as much Altenew stuff as I could. Their embossing folders are amazing and are very cheap for the quality of them. 

Thanks April that was fun and she enabled me to buy a cool die and stamp set she used; called Tiny Sentiments: Hello (it is very cool). In essence it is a hello die cut sitting on a wee strip of card stock waiting for your tiny sentiment to be stamped or heat embossed on. What a cool idea and again really cheap. You can see it HERE at Krafters Cart in New Zealand where I bought it from but sorry I got the last set! So you'll have to join the waiting list.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen