8 February 2023

I had to play again.

I had so much fun with my card yesterday I thought I would try another colour combo, yes I bought a few more Lunar Pastes after the freebie in my SCT Cardmaking event box. At the time there were no "gold" Simon Hurley ones available for sell in NZ which is why I bought the Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer gold one.

It was actually interesting playing with the 2 brands in such a short time my gold one was a much thicker paste and easier to work with, but maybe it's dried up more as today's card uses a brand new unopened pot of Simon Hurley's Bee Sting, but as you will see I had much more run with today's card, so note to self attach stencil more firmly. I saw a good tip to add a layer of glad wrap to our pots so they don't have too much air but it's quite messy. I think I just need to use it all up making fab backgrounds but a little goes a long way.

I loved my teal and green combo but I wanted something brighter and pinker but didn't have any pink pastes (yet) so settled on Sweet Sorbet ink (Stampin' Up!) and Bee Sting Lunar Paste (Simon Hurley) and a  cake and candles stamp so I could play along with Just Add Ink's latest challenge and another entry for AAA birthday card challenge.




Supply List:
Stamps: Mini birthday cake and matching die (Studio Katia), Monster Fun (GSD)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sweet Sorbet (SU!), Versamark
Paper: Xpress IT blending, Vellum (SU!), Neenah White #110, scrap of black
Other: Bee Sting lunar paste (RNG), half circle stencil (RNG), sweet circle dies (HB), foam squares (SP), Alabaster white EP (BM), Copic markers

Copics Used (darkest  >> lightest):
Raspberry icing: R59/29/27/24
Chocolate Icing: E29/27
Chocolate Cake: E25/23/21
Candles: W0/00; Y02; YR16



EDITED: My card was an honorable mention at Just Add Ink. This is what the DT had to say which is really sweet.

"OMG, so funny! Such a fun background for the wonderful cake"

"Love the shiny textured background fabulous backdrop for a fun cake"

"Cool background for that tasty cake"

✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. What a clever idea to add paste to your background circles. It creates a fun and sparkly feature that really sets your card apart. So happy you joined us for this week's challenge at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiona I can't take the credit for the idea, it was taught to me by the real Simon Hurley in a virtual class and I agree it is fab and fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Card! The background is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake and sentiment is so fun!! And the background circles are so fun with it. (I also like your use of the stencil in turquoise and gold on your earlier card!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning card - TFS over at AAA Birthday this month Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stencilled background - it really makes your focal image pop.

    Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen