15 October 2023

AAA Cards Challenge 251: It's time to get SPOOKY

It's nearly that fun time of the year little ones dress up and knock on your door. This is a pretty new celebration in New Zealand and there isn't too many tricks but they normally do receive a lot of treats. I'm happy to play along with the happy kiddies and have been squirreling away bags of lollies for weeks so you don't really think about the cost on the night. 

I'm also very happy to play along with AAA cards latest challenge to do spooky in a clean and simple way as this is my first official card as part of the DT, which is my treat!!




My first go I made the moon yellow with yellow-orange detail and thought maybe it should have been more orange to match the fox but I have to be honest now I've made an "orange" moon I like the yellower one better and will show you them side-by-side below but unfortunately I got a tad of yellow ink in my window scene where it shouldn't be. I think why I like the yellow one better is there is more contrast between the 2 colours so the moon's bumps and details stand out clearer.


I've used the Window Scene: Winter (LF)  to make my wee window and then masked off the LHS trees and stamped the  Mini Moon (ALT) in Peach Fuzz (PFS) and Apricot (PFS) for the orange moon. The yellow one is Buttercream (ALT) and Marigold (PFS).

The wee fox, treat bag and sentiment come from Fox Costumes Before n' Afters (LF) and the wee crow came from a kit I received and is also Lawn Fawn but is not available but a right facing one can be found in the Happy Harvest set (LF).

Copics used:
Fox: E00/19 YR 14/27
Treat bag: YR 14/27
Crow: C7/9 YR14
Trees: T0/2/4
Snow: BG0000/000

Well I am thankful that the first official DT card is a wrap and hopefully you will find it fun and inspirational. Hope you can join me regularly on the start of my DT journey :)

✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team, you first card is Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maaike you are always so kind! and make the most fab CAS cards

      Delete
  2. He is so SWEET!!! I love his little costume and your coloring is perfection!!! Hugs from your fellow newbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristin, exciting times!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen