23 October 2023

Fruitalicious

This is the name of the washi tape Pinkfresh Studio provided for our Interactive Cards with Yasmin Diaz, as well as the coordinating stamp set, dies and stencils plus the A2 slider die. I have to admit I can't stop singing Fruit Salad by the Wiggles since doing this class, because truly this washi is (and probably all their washi) are YUMMY, YUMMY. So shiny, so much detail in the shading and the gold edge to the images is just lovely.

This class was one of the reasons I signed up for this Virtual Create and Connect in February 2023 as I really wanted to be taught in a class setting how to use it. To be honest I'm not sure how 8 months later I still have 3 classes to do (now 2 to go) but they have announced their line up for February 2024 with a guest company again and this time it's Pretty Pink Posh, you can see more details HERE if you are interested . The event is capped at 1500 registrants worldwide for logistics sake.


The first card we got to "make with Yaz" was the slider card - mine ended up missing fruit as I forgot to add that really big washi fruit bunch which you can see on the LHS card above, it was supposed to be attached to the layer we were pulling out. I was so busy concentrating on making the slider and lining it all up that I forgot to add the decoration. Luckily for me when I pulled my first strip of washi out to cut and attach to cardstock that there was quite a generous bit left over which I could squeeze into the top opening and then just added a few more "fruits" which we were supposed to add to the front.



I actually like the balance of the card as is, I also modified my card and attached the slider directly to an A2 card, the slider die comes with a rectangle which cuts out an A2 rectangle perfectly which I could see no reason to use. Looking in the class album I can see some have used a coloured cardstock layer or a layer that has a coverplate impression to break up the "whiteness".


This was the second card and as I had the big die-cut left over I saw no point in using the stamp set, dies and stencil to make a stamped image and attached it directly to the rounded braided rectangle which was also part of our Essentials for this event along with the Champagne Ombre glitter drops (we also got their gold pokey tool with wax tip, their pokey end actually has a rounded pokey tip so you can't poke yourself).


And Yaz's cards so you can see how fabulous the slider card looks with all the fruit and her beautiful blending to create her own fruity bunches ;)


I must admit I'm really happy to see in the February 2024 Create and Connect event we are getting some wide Fluttering Butterflies washi which sounds so pretty and hopefully the coordinating stamps etc. will fit in a standard Avery Elle envelope, the sets above needed the largest storage envelope.

#pfcreateandconnect

✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen