11 October 2023

EZ with CZ (again)

One of the classes I always look forward to in my big box is the Concord and 9th class with Cathy Zielske, she makes it EZ and fun. I was excited also when I saw my kit as I didn't really have a stencil and dies like we were going to be using so that is always a big plus.

We received 4 ink cubes from C9 but I decided after 2 big boxes and receiving 12 cubes already that I loved their ink and they filled in so many gaps in my ink collection that I bought the remaining colours. So now I have 4 extras. The colours we received this year were Briar Rose, Lemongrass, Juniper and Pebble; all new in 2023. They seem to be very kind and always give colours they have not given away before too which is very generous on their behalf.

Now the first card uses C9 ink, coordinating enamel dots, On my Mind stencil and stamp set (which is really just sentiments) and in case you're wondering the banner sentiments are supposed to be slightly wonky/organic. Personally I would have preferred mine straight but C9 normally are very innovative so it might be a sign of what is coming.


I followed along with how Cathy did her ink blending and I did not like my first attempt (the darker card with mud at the top). She really loaded her brush up with ink and then tapped most of it on paper before blending and I did that but even though I was trying to be light handed it was too much ink. She then said something that I hadn't really tried before and it worked. 

BIG TIP TIME: Use a bigger blending brush and hold the head with your thumb and index finger so you have better control and can get a much lighter touch. 

This was much easier and she was right, the 2nd try was so much better. I'm still not sure about the Briar Rose and Lemongrass blend it is still slightly dirty. Briar Rose has really stained my pink blending brush and it looks brown and the Lemongrass looks really dark on my yellow brush too, so guess they will be getting washed after this class. Cards below; the LHS is my first go holding the blending brush how I used too with my hand gripping the handle and my index finger on top (plus loading the brush up which I don't normally do) and the second go is on the RHS using the ink left in the brush and me holding the brush with my thumb and index finger as if it didn't have a handle.


Lighter card all by itself, this is a really easy card to whip up and I love the rows of pot plants.




✿ Karen ✿ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen