14 October 2023

Clean and Simple the AAA way

I am very excited to report back that I have been chosen to join the design time for AAA Cards Challenge, as you might have noticed if you follow my blog this is my favourite challenge site. 



My main reasons why?
  • I really like Clean and Simple Cards
  • I love that their challenges are fortnightly
Personally I find churning a card out a week a struggle, sometimes it takes me 3-4 days to work out what I want to create and I've always looked at challenge sites end of the week when I'm thinking about how much time I have free in the weekend so if the challenge finishes in the next day or two I just move onto the next. So AAA is CAS and I have time to think and the challenge can be quite challenging which is great for helping me grow as a card maker.

I thought I would just explain Clean and Simple the AAA way as lots of CAS site interpret it slightly different.


In the past I might have pushed the boundary but have never minded doing that as I never enter to be chosen in the top 3. I do it to make me think outside the box and it has certainly helped me find my mojo at times when it seems to have gone walkabouts. It also makes me use stamps, dies, stencils I just had to buy and then never used and I know I'm not alone in doing this!

Saying this I have always been honoured when my card was picked as the pick of the challenge and I enjoyed being a guest designer so this is the next step doing it every 2 weeks. 

My bit of advice if you would like to be chosen as one of the top picks is 
  • minimal layers (they say less than 3)
  • minimal embellishments or texture (often you can add the bling after the photo has been snapped if that is your thing)
  • you need a focal image (normally just one) and make it POP
  • white space doesn't have to be white its just "clean" space and can be any colour 

Maaike has explained HERE in a short video how to do CAS the AAA way with lots of examples.

Well I'm starting officially on the design team tomorrow for Challenge 251 and I would love it if some of my crafting friends join in as well to celebrate my selection. Challenge 251 is a fun one as well. It goes live 8am in the UK on Sunday every 2 weeks, for me in NZ at the moment it's my 8pm (sometimes it's 7pm depending on DST etc). I do sincerely hope to catch you in the challenge or if not this one another one!!
✿ Karen ✿


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen