22 October 2024

Seize the Birthday: goes Dotty

Hi everyone I had such a fabulous time being the Guest Designer for Seize the Birthday in August and September I didn't want to miss their next challenge. I'm rather shocked to see I haven't actually entered any challenges for "fun" for nearly 2 months but it's now 5 weeks since my surgery and I spent the last week tidying up my craft room; so really pleased I am managing to squeeze in an entry for STB's latest challenge. As always it's a birthday card plus the choice of playing along with the topper. I love the topper option it helps me to focus. The current challenge's topper is "dots" and I had too many ideas so glad I told myself to just make a card today, as eek I only have 17 hours to enter ... too much thinking which is always my problem.

I have gone with an easy design using the fab stencil by Alex Syberia Designs where each layer adds another colour. The last time I used this stencil it moved on me and I only managed to add two colours (you can see that card HERE) but I really wanted to use all 5 this time so used a sticky mat to hold everything in place. My colours have faded back quite a lot, so now wishing I had used the next darkest ink colour but ca la vie, it's still a fun birthday card which came together easily. I've added 2 die cuts behind the glitter one for dimension and stability.


Supply List:
Ink (all PFS), Sparkling Rose, Lemon Whip, Apricot, Grassy Knoll, Summer Shower
Stencil: Confetti (ASD)
Paper: Neenah Solar white, Black glitter (CTMH)
Die: Happy Birthday Script (MFT)
Challenge: STB#293



✿Karen✿

4 comments:

  1. Love your rainbow dots Karen! Wonderful background for the bold black statement. Terrific card - thanks for playing along with the topping at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glenda, glad I made the cut-off for it!

      Delete
  2. I am so happy to see you in our lineup at Seize the Birthday. You definitely have the dots covered with this fun birthday card. I am glad you are feeling better too. I appreciate you taking the time to join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy so glad I could play along again :)

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen