19 March 2024

You Party Animal

Just Add Ink has a fun challenge up on their blog to choose two (circles or squares or sayings). I was not planning it but I ended up choosing all 3. I've used a confetti stencil to add wee circles, I've made a square card as that seemed the most balanced and I've added a sentiment which is kind of a saying "you party animal".


I am playing with two new items that have turned up recently for me; Alex Syberia Designs Confetti stencil. The really cool thing about this stencil is it has 5 layers and you can create a pattern (not sure if I would call it confetti) that is multi-coloured and no spot touches another. I managed to get 2 layers done and then my card I was inking moved as I was lifting off the 2nd stencil. My Waffle Flower sticky mat had lost it's stick and needed a wash as it wasn't really sticky enough. No worries I thought, I can start again but when I looked at what I had created already I actually liked how random it was and it was not too busy. So decided that higher powers were making sure I didn't overdo it! 

I have used Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed Distress inks and blended on Lavinia's Smooth and Multifarious card as it's WHITE, smooth and great for blending on. The wee mat is just the 2 inks blended around the edge and the banner is just the Worn Lipstick swiped on card to make me a perfectly matched coloured card stock.

The second new item is Pink & Main's Party Animal stamp and die set - look at how much detail the die cut out around the streamers and confetti. I really love this set and am so pleased I shouted myself it, as I had to get it from overseas as this brand is not available here at my local craft store/s. I probably shout myself a couple of shops/ships a year and wait until there is enough things available on my wish list to make the shipping not hurt as much as it does.

I've also cut out 2 extra white die-cuts for the party doggie and 1 extra for the sentiment to add stability and dimension plus a few 1mm foam squares to make the doggie balanced.





Copics used (darkest >> lightest):
Grays: W4/W2/W0/W00 and W8 for nose
Yellow-browns: E19/YR27/YR24/YR31
Yellows: Y17/Y15/Y11
Pinks: RV14/RV13/RV21

I'm also going to play along with Seize The Birthday's latest challenge with the additional twist of a co-ordinating tag. I went pretty simple with my tag, the biggest problem was finding ribbons that matched the ink colours.





Thanks for popping in.

EDITED 21/3/24: Very excited to say that my wee card was picked as the winner of the challenge at Just Add Ink

Here is what some of the design team had to say...


"Such a fun card! Love the tiny circles and cute image"


"Adorably cute and fun way to use the challenge"


"Ha! Love this fun combo of image and sentiment"


EDITED 28/3/24: My card and tag was one of the runner-ups noticed at Seize the Birthday receiving "Birthday Honours"
 

✿Karen✿

12 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable card Karen. I love your bright, fun stencilled background. It is the perfect way to highlight your party animal. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lou it was a fun challenge to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, I love the colours and adorable pup. Fabulous tag too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue so much, great idea to make the gift tag for the birthday card at same time

      Delete
  4. LOVE this cute, colourful and happy project Karen! Love those mini circles! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, your card and tag are fabulous! You are so right, the two colors with the stencil are just perfect, no more is needed and that puppy is just too adorable. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen, fortuitous slip! Fun challenge by the way.

      Delete
  6. These are just so bright, colorful and fun!!!! Thanks so much for taking on my challenge so beautifully. We appreciate you playing with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally am in love with this set. Your coloring and balance of color is just perfect. That puppy dog image could not be any cuter. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and for taking the time to play with our Topping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy that is so kind of you. I really appreciate that.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen