31 March 2024

AAA Card Challenge 262: Sketch Challenge

Welcome to the latest sketch challenge at AAA Cards.  I really find sketches challenging but I am finding it is best not to overthink them and actually just use them as inspiration. 


So for the latest sketch challenge I've made a stacked animals in an "L-formation" without masking.

The 2 die-cuts balancing on top are just die-cuts with the bottom of the die-cut snipped gently up to the line by me and then using my Memento black brush marker swiping that edge so the images look seamless and as if "masked".



When I first got this set I played with it colouring the racoons in grey toned markers but looking for fresh inspiration lots of the MFT design team have done them in shades of BV (blue violet) and I thought how stinking cute is that, so just had to have a go and I really love how it turned out. 

The middle raccoon is slightly lighter BV02 > BV00 > BV000 > BV0000 as Carly Tee did HERE. I decided I wanted to go darker and added BV04 into the mix for the top and bottom racoons.




Supply List:
Stamps: A Little Racoon (MFT), Adorable Elephants - sentiment (MFT)
Ink: Sprout (C9), Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other: Copics, white gel pen, black glaze pen (Sakura), Grassy stencil (LF), Memento Tuxedo Black dual marker, 1mm square foam (SP)
Challenge: AAA Cards #262


Well I hope you want to rise to the challenge of this sketch, do check out the AAA Card blog for lots of inspiration from the fab design team. I love seeing what everyone creates so I do hope you can join us, as always you have 2 weeks for the challenge and don't forget we're a CAS (Clean and Simple) challenge. It's also my birthday today and that would be a fab present if you do choose to join in with us and play along.

Thanks for popping in.

✿ Karen ✿

8 comments:

  1. Awesome card Karen. Super work on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely so sweet. Love it. The coloring is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a day late and a dollar short on commenting, but this is fantastic Karen! I love your trash pandas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL and I'm late to see you have commented but thanks Kristin

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen