12 March 2024

Carrot 'bout You

This was the name of Lawn Fawn's recent Create with UsThese are fun free classes that Jenn Shurkus and normally Kelly Marie from Lawn Fawn hold with each new release. This class was pretty straight forward and is available to watch on replay "forever" but I have to be honest Jenn had forgotten how to build a platform pop-up and we/she got it to work but it may have been quicker if I'd gone off and watched how to on the Lawn Fawn site. I would actually recommend you just make the pop up platform with the die-cut bits before watching. The good thing about if Jenn can forget how to make one then I am not alone, you do need to refresh how to do it, if you haven't done one recently. They are really easy and they do pack a wow and so fun but there is a way to do it right.

As always we started off with colouring our cute wee critters and then making the stenciled background, before constructing everything including the platform pop-up.

The first card:

I don't own the stitched garden border so made slits in a simple stitched hillside panel using my Sandy Beach Accents, that also meant I didn't own a bigger carrot die to use instead of an A but I had a wee carrot in the tint Gift Box bunny add-on so used that and used smaller alphabet dies in my stash to match the size. I also grabbed an I stamp from Henry Jr.'s ABCs which maybe a tad too big. I love the Spring Blossoms stenciled background it truly does look like DSP. I used my Pinkfresh inks for stenciling and darkening the top of my hillside(Fresh Pear, Lemon Whip, Marigold and Doe). But this is a fun thank you card all right.

Now this is when it all got tricky we got to make the pop-up platform and add the new Fence wrap-around, again I made it a thank you card as I don't send out Easter cards.


The coolest thing about it is it's no bigger than a standard envelope.

It's always a lot of fun creating with the two of them and it's great to play with the stuff you buy from the new releases, Kelly Marie often shares tit bits of info. I'm not sure if there was more than one but it sounds like we are getting "ice-creams" in the Summer release ??May 2024.

✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen