1 March 2024

Geometric Fun with AAA Birthday Challenges

Hi everyone I'm absolutely delighted to be the Guest Designer at AAA Birthday for their March Challenge, as soon as I saw the graphic it reminded me of a hot foil plate I had sitting in my stash.


I hot foiled the plate with black foil and then thought maybe I should have just stuck to gold so did another one this time with matte gold. My first go was with the matte gold and Slumber, Sapphire, Lavender and Raspberry Bliss inks using my 1/2" blending brushes. It was pretty but it wasn't as dramatic as I wanted, partly because I'd graduated my blending and the colours faded back more than I thought they would when they dried. I also used 4 of the 5 stencils in the set as I wanted some areas to remain uninked and white.


So it was back to PLAN A and the black foiled image and this time I just went for the 3 darkest inks and also used my bigger blending brushes so easier and quicker to do a heavy ink blend for each stencil layer. I've only used 3 of the 5 stencils so I also have more uninked areas and more white spaces.

I wish I could show how vibrant the black foil is in real life but it is crisp and shiny, a bit like it has been black heat embossed. I've also laid 2 plain die cuts under the sentiment to make it have a bit more dimension.



Supply List (all Pinkfresh Studio unless stated otherwise):
Hot foil plates: Modern Design Blocks (and stencils), Perfect Sentiments (and cutting die)
Ink: Sapphire, Lavender, Raspberry Bliss (plus Slumber for gold foiled card)
Paper: Hammermill White (foiling), Neenah Solar White #110 (base card)
Other: Glimmer Hot Foil machine (SP), Black glimmer foil (SP), Matte Gold glimmer foil (SP), Magenta glimmer drops, blending brushes (TE) and 1/2" blending brushes
Challenge: AAA Birthday #59


Well I hope you have time to play along, you have a whole month to get creative, I for one am really interested to see what the Design Team came up for this Challenge as it certainly is different than the norm.

Thanks for popping in.

✿Karen✿

12 comments:

  1. very pretty, love the colours too. Thank you for being our wonderful Guest Designer this month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maaike great to play outside my comfort zone

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely colours.. I loved it alot.. Thank youbfor joining the team for this month..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it was a really interesting challenge, I'm enjoying seeing all the fab cards that everyone has created or will be creating.

      Delete
  3. Two wonderful cards; I love them both. That foil plate is gorgeous and the colour combo is perfect. Thanks for being our guest over at AAA Birthday challenge this month. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just spectacular. Love both versions. Thanks so much for guesting at AAA Birthday this month. It's been a pleasure to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, fun challenge that challenged me

      Delete
  5. Really like the different vibes you got with the different background foils and the different blending techniques and colours. What a stunning design! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Karen! I love them both, and the gorgeous colour palette! Thank you for guest designing for us at AAA Birthday this month! Take care, keep crafting and have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen