29 February 2024

Citrus Twist with Lea

Sharing today my second class from my Pinkfresh Studio Create and Connect and today's card showcases the lovely Citrus Twist stamp set, dies and stencils. Our teacher for this class was Lea Lawson who is the marketing director for PFS and she often shares creating cards with their products via YouTube and monthly classes in Zoom. 
These were quite simple cards to put together as the stamp set is one piece but we did a bit of surgery to create extra citrus fruit. The wee flowers and leaves die-cut out separately but were part of the stamp. Both cards used our essentials from our swag, the Stitched Octagons coverplate die, Notched Corner Frame dies, gems with gold dust and for card one a sentiment from the Extra Special Sentiments stamp set.

Pink grapefruit and lemons card:

The images were gold embossed before stenciling and die-cutting out. It's a really fresh colour combo. This was actually the first card I made at the event as Class One was live whilst I was sleeping and I think I maybe a bit heavy handed with my ink blending but it's still really pretty and lots of little details.

Oranges and lemons card:


I really like how we've used our Versamark (embossing) pads to add some random ink to the frame before pouring on the gold embossing powder. The embossing powder Lea used looked amazing like a burnt gold (she said it was an Iridescent gold powder, I thought she said from WOW but they don't make one but Hero Arts does and I own that so might try it out) - see her cards lower. We used up excess ink on our blending brushes to make a delicate background on the coverplate die panel, you also see the gold dust in the gems they provided as part of our swag, they're really pretty. The sentiment on this card came from the Citrus Twist stamp set.

Lea's cards sneaks (and again I think she's done a fab job teaching us our cards):


✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen