28 February 2024

Not just cards

The sun is shining again so just a very quick blog post today, I thought I'd share the joy and camaraderie of crafting with friends. I was very fortunate to be able to share my weekend away at a friend's crafty space, as it turns out she also got some candid moments on her camera. So a big, big thank you to Denise and Jackie for making it such a fun weekend.

Start of the first day Jackie and me are concentrating hard at this stage.

Time for lunch (and a wee glass of bubbly).


Ready for Mindy's Class:

Chicken pie for dinner anyone (and salad and bread and wine). I made Annabel Langbein's easy smoked chicken and mustard pie which I have modified to make super easy. 
  • In an essence mix in a bowl one diced (sliced or shredded smoked chicken breast ~300g), add a tub of sour cream (250g), 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard, good handful of chopped parsley, zest and juice of a small lemon, salt and pepper. 
  • In a flan/pie dish line with baking paper and add one sheet of thawed ready rolled flaky puff pastry ~11" x 11" - I use Heritage Bakers brand now Edmonds no longer available
  • Add mix in middle, leaving gaps at side to wrap the "pie" up
  • Add another square of pastry on top so the points this time point to middle of first square. With a pastry brush wipe all edges with milk and fold and squeeze them together. Make a few slits on top and bake at 200oC for approx. 25 minutes

End of a long day, 15 hours later and looks like I may have lost my marbles or I maybe laughing at myself for losing more embossing powder on the floor again.

Next day hard at it again for Heather's Class:

And what I returned home with - 4 of the 6 classes completed and some beautiful cards and great memories. So still 2 more classes to do and all the make n' takes plus playtime.

Pinkfresh Studio have already announced their next class dates for 2024. Click HERE to see more details. They also run Scrapbooking events too.

Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿


2 comments:

  1. Great cards! Get togethers are the best! 🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they are, I think I enjoyed the gal time more than the crafting, it was a blast.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen