7 February 2024

The Gnomies are Sharing some Love

This hopefully is the last love/Valentine's card for this year from me and it was pretty quick and simple apart from letting the Crystal Glaze dry. I wanted to play along with CAS on Friday's Valentine Challenge (CAS and Valentine), The Paper Player's Love theme and Tic Toe Toe's challenge board (today I'm using the diagonal: enamel dots, die cut, dry or heat embossing). I'm also going to play along with Simon Say's Stamp's Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes).

I've had this wee set in my stash for a while and haven't used the gnomies before, I do love the size of them small but not too small. 

Looking on the MFT site I saw a fab colour combo from Rachael Alvarado and really liked how bright her pink was and that she had added green to the blue-green combo. I think I may need to practice some more to even slightly emulate her but they are fun and vibrant colours. I'm laughing today I can see what I thought was a face she's coloured as a beard!! I also discovered that if you have a few bubbles in your glaze don't add more to it, it may make it worse. I only used the Crystal Glaze as in the end I thought the RVs were too bright but liked her BG combo and will definitely do that one again. I added clear embossing powder to my stamped sentiment so it's nice and shiny and black. I added Rock Candy glitter to the cap stripes and Prisma Glitter to the pom pom. I also die cut out 2 more gnome shapes and glued them all together to give him a bit more dimension but otherwise a one-layer card.



Copic Colours used (darkest > lightest):
Bright pink: RV66/55/52/00
Teal blue: BG18/23/11 G00
Pom pom: C2/0
Skin: E13/21 RV10

Supply List:
Stamps: Love to my Gnomies (MFT)
Ink: Jet Black (LF), Versafine Clair Nocturne, Salvaged Patina distress oxide (RNG)
Paper: Xpress IT blending, Neenah Solar White #110
Other: Copics, Fine sparkle adhesive backed gems (SU!), Crystal Glaze (Nuvo), Prisma glitter (LF), Rock Candy distress glitter (RNG), clear embossing powder, blending brush









Well this was a really quick Valentine/love card to come together, so another one for my Galentine's cards which I'd better get in the mail today so they could arrive by the 14th. Have a fab day and thanks for popping in.

✿Karen✿

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen, thank you for participating in the Valentine's challenge at Cas on Friday.

    Greetings Ina
    DT member Cas on Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina it was fun and just what I needed one more card for the "Galentine's pile"

      Delete
  2. Karen your sweet gnome is adorable - I love that colour combo too!! Thanks for playing along with my LOVE challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this CAS beauty Karen! The soft fade-out background is perfect for your (clean shaven!) gnome and I love your crisp sentiment with the coordinating pearls. Thank you for coming to play with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky he'll have to be a young gnome in training

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen