18 February 2024

AAA Cards Challenge 259: anything CAS goes

It's an easy challenge at AAA Cards this week - anything CAS but with the option to add "birthday". Well a very special wee boy to me is turning 2 real soon so I tried to do a blue unicorn - normally I add a tad of pale pink to highlight the body - this time a tad of BG11/10 to the body. I think it looks quite sweet in these colours. 


I decided I wanted a blue cake as we were doing it boy themed and this colour combo is one Jenn Shurkus used in her Copic 101 class and I like it as the BG11 bleaches the other BGs in the mix.

Other colours chosen were almost random and what was on my desk from a colouring class but to the best of my recall this is what I used to colour in with, darkest > lightest.

Blue cake: BG05/02/11
Apricot icing: YR23/21/20 and 2 Pinkfresh inks Peach Fuzz and Apricot for the sprinkles
Unicorn body: BG11/10, R20 and BV29/25 for hooves - I like this combo instead of greys
Rainbow: RV13/21, BG 13/11, YG05/01, Y15/11, V06/04


Supply List:
Stamps: Cupcake Birthday (ME), Itty Bitty Birthday (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Nocturne, Apricot (PFS), Peach Fuzz (PFS), Waterfall (PFS), Pumice Stone (RNG)
Paper: Neenah #110, Xpress It blending 
Other: Copic markers, Confetti stencil (LF), Prisma glitter (LF), foam squares (SP), blending brushes (TE)



As always you have 2 weeks to create your card and so I hope you can join in with us and do check in to see what the rest of the Design Team  came up for the challenge. I'd also like to play along with Krafty Chicks Challenges (CAS and Birthday) and Craft Rocket Challenges (Birthday).

Thanks for popping in.

✿Karen✿

10 comments:

  1. That's super cute (at any age)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree cupcakes and cute unicorns = lets eat cake and celebrate

      Delete
  2. So cute! Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh KAREN!!! This is so adorable!!!!! My inner 6 yr old is going nuts right now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Kristin and it's your birthday real soon so hope you have a fun day with lots of cake <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card Karen. I love your cute unicorn cupcake image and the background looks fab. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise for popping in and your kind words

      Delete
  6. I just love the stamp set you used here for your sweet 2 yr bday card - wonderful coloring and confetti stenciled background! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen