27 February 2024

Fluttering Butterflies with Anett

Sharing today the first class from Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect which I participated with 2 friends in Auckland over the weekend but worldwide there was a total of 1270, I know of at least one other kiwi who was registered but her hubby wasn't feeling well so she crafted at home. This class was using a wide washi tape with it's corresponding stamp set, dies and stencils. It was a collection of butterflies and leaves and appropriately named Fluttering Butterflies. The class was taught by Anett Gelenscer who interestingly leads PFS Scrapbook Creative team but OMG she is so talented and so kind and nice. I loved her cards she taught us both had fancy folds, so she can card make as well all right. 

We received our class kits and essential items and swag in a beautiful but sturdy cardboard box with a magnetic lid. It was just the right size to transport all the ink pads I needed for the event to my friend's Denise's place in Auckland so it will remain for a long time in my crafting supplies

Here is my cards from this class together in front of the box.



As well as the Fluttering Butterflies suite of products we also received in our kits Stitched Octagons coverplate die and a set of Notched Corner Frames dies, both of these products were used on both cards.

The first card we white embossed the stamped image and then blended from the tips in leaving the centres light/white. We then made a shadow box for the die-cut images to be mounted on the front of the card. Plus I still have left over images to use on another card. We swiped the inkpad around the edges of the card base to make a Eucalyptus green card front and then also used the ink left on our blending brushes to shadow under where the images were going to be mounted.




The second card was even easier as we just placed a length of the washi on some white card stock and then cut out the images with the corresponding die. Again I have more images I can use on another card. PFS washi is amazing, the images are gold foiled and are so luxuriant. If they release this set I am definitely buying more of this washi tape. I think one roll has approximately 32 "image panels" per roll. For this card we made an easy Easel Card. I think the die cut frame piece is just perfect for attaching the washi die cuts.






And the official class picture showing Anett's fabulous creations:
She obviously did an awesome job of teaching us as I'm pretty rapt that mine look pretty similar to hers and are FABULOUS even if I say so myself;) Even my partner commented when he saw the bundle of cards I returned home with that they all looked amazing. So stay tuned for next blog post to see more fab, fab cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen