22 February 2024

Masculine Birthday Card

Doesn't the 3 words in the title make you grimace. It's my SIL birthday soon and he's a keen golfer so I thought I would play along with a few challenges to help get me started.  CAS Colours & Sketches has provided me with a sketch which was my starting point. CAS on Friday just wants boy/male and I'm getting ready to go away for a crafty weekend and I really wanted to acknowledge Time Out Challenges for celebrating their 10th anniversary/birthday, what a worthy achievement and definitely deserving a shout out!

The SIL is a keen golfer so I grabbed the SU! set I bought especially for him but went CAS this time, the last time I used it was 2 years ago and you can see that card HERE - it had a fun fold.


I've Copic coloured up the golf ball on the tee and made a background panel using an Argyle stencil and then matted up on a strip of Gray Granite card.

Supply List:
Stamps: Clubhouse (SU!)
Ink: Jet Black (LF), Poppy (C9), Sahara Sand (SU!), Gray Granite (SU!)
Paper: Sahara Sand (SU!), Gray Granite (SU!), Xpress IT blending, Neenah White #80
Other: Copics, Argyle stencil (PFS), foam squares
Challenges: CAS C&S #531, CAS on Friday #277, TOC #257





Well it certainly speed up the creativity block when you mention masculine adding some parameters from a challenge. Thanks for popping in.

✿Karen✿

8 comments:

  1. This is the perfect CAS card for me. Good clean lines, but with plenty of interest in the pattern and image. Lovely work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline thanks for your very kind words.

      Delete
  2. Oooh.. this is soo cool! Love the design and the strip of Argyle <3 Also can't help but notice the soil on the Tee.. great idea for the prop. Thank you so much for joining Time out challenges 10th birthday celebrations! Hugs ~ Ishani <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ishani it's been a long time since I played but still have my bag, clubs, etc

      Delete
  3. Great card Karen. I love that you made a "masculine" card. I love the sentiment. So glad you joined us at CAS Colour and Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, I'm very pleased that its made a month early so no pressure on me now. Thanks for the sketch to help me do it so easily.

      Delete
  4. Great card! The golf theme is great - golf is always a "hole in one"! Thanks for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen