10 February 2024

Working on DOING sketch challenges

I've always struggled with sketch challenges so I have challenged myself to do more "sketches" and if you get them working out it actually makes making your card easier. Going down my wee fav challenge sites on the RHS of my blog this morning I didn't get very far and decided that Color Throwdown's lime, blue and brown challenge would pair nicely with Freshly Made Sketches "sketch" plus Just Add Ink has a Choose Two challenge (stitching and sequins : so I hope my diagonal stripes count as stitching, as I really wanted to play with my new Spellbinder's arched dies)

Looking through my background stash  I found some left overs from my Distress Watercolor pencil class with Jenn Shurkus which you can read about HERE.

So I thought that was a great place to start and today I would make a blue coneflower. I also decided to make it a Sympathy Card as I was unfortunately running low on them in the stash.



I also did some splatters with my no. 2 brush from the Vintage Photo and Peacock Feathers pencil. I love lime green it would be one of my most favourite colours and C9's Sprout is a fab base for the teal blue flower to pop on.

Supply List:
Stamps: Sketchbook Florals (TE), Sketchbook Bouquet (TE), Rough Draft Background (TE), Branching Out (Dylusions)
Ink: Pinecone (Versafine), Nutmeg (C9), Versamark
Distress Watercolor pencils (RNG): Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina, Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Paper: Distress Watercolor (RNG), Nutmeg (C9), Sprout (C9)
Dies: Make a Wish Arch Labels (SP)
Other: White and clear embossing powders, no 2 and 4 round brushes, Sparkling Crystal Mix (SK)
Challenges: CTD #779, FMS #622, JAI #688






Well that wasn't so scary after all so I'll have to try and do some more sketch challenges, instead of going into "the too hard basket".

Thanks for popping in.

EDITED 14/2/24: Well I wasn't Queen of Clean at Freshly Made Sketches but my card caught Amy's eyes, so a nice surprise for V-day for me, nearly as good as chocolate ;)
4. Amys Choice: Karen has created such a pretty sympathy card! I love the muted bright colors for this type of card, and that background is fabulous!

EDITED 15/2/24: Wow it just goes to show the power of combining challenges I have been nominated as the top pick at Just Add Ink for this challenge. 

Lovely comments from the DT too:

Beautiful card with sweet, delicate details.

Such a beautiful coneflower amongst the elegant and soft details.

Beautiful card. Beautifully coloured and lovely design!
Being noticed in two out of three challenges isn't bad in my opinion ;)
✿Karen✿

10 comments:

  1. Lovely flower- those splatters and crystals add the perfect finishing touch!! Great use of all the challenges!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen I love your teal and lime combo, so fresh and pretty, and that embossing around the arch is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, with lovely elements. I like the different shapes and subtle background . Great way to use all the colours too. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cone flower is gorgeous Karen and I love how you've paired it with the arched background and soft splatters and sequins. Thanks for sharing with us again at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen