4 February 2024

AAA Cards Challenge 258: Along the side sketch

It's time for another fun fortnightly challenge at AAA Cards and I have to be honest I struggled with this one a bit but when I see the other DT inspirational ideas it was like "why didn't I think of that". I personally like Challenges that make me think outside the box as I feel that helps me grow as a paperKRafter. Simply Clean and Simple's February Challenge is also a CAS card with the twist of "pink" so my card fits that description nicely too.


There's lots of room for anything goes, just remember to keep it Clean and Simple with some empty space as indicated on the sketch. Here's what I came up with and I've turned the sketch around.


It's pretty self-explanatory but was laughing, I made a whole mask of the hippo when I really only needed one foot/hoof. So I stamped the on point ballerina, made a mask, covered her up then stamped the floor. Removed my mask and Copic coloured it all up. As it was a one layer at this stage I thought I would be inspired by the fab cards one of the DT Sue Symens creates and she often uses a coloured card base, which I like as it breaks the white up a bit. It's appropriate the pink card I have chosen is called Ballet Slippers ;)

Supply List:
Stamps: Hippest Hippos (SU!), SY On Solid Ground (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Neenah White #80, Ballet Slipper (LF)
Other: Masking paper (GKD), Signo White gel pen, Quickie glue pen (Sakura), Prima glitter (LF)


Copics Used (darkest > lightest):
Dark pink: R36/RV13/RV21
Light pink:: RV21/RV10
"Wood" floor: E44/E42/E41/E40
Hippo: W4/W2/W0; W0/W00; R20; B000

Well I'm happy that I rose to the sketch challenge and I hope you can join in. Definitely check in with the AAA Cards DT to see how they arose to the challenge - I can assure you they are "always on point".

✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. love your little ballerina and your take on our sketch, so so cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen