17 February 2024

Colourful Cats

I'm very excited that the AAA Card Challenge family is growing, as well as AAA Cards there is AAA Birthday and now AAA Colourful. Both the birthday and the colourful challenge are monthly challenges so lots of time to play along.

The first kickoff challenge for AAA Colourful is to be inspired by the colours of their logo. 


It's funny the old laptop in my craft room the colours looked like salvaged patina, blueprint sketch, wilted violet, picked raspberry, carved pumpkin and squeezed lemonade and those are the colours I worked with but now I'm sitting at my real PC with a much better/bigger screen I'm seeing the colour palate slightly differently but too late now the card is made.

I was tossing quite a few ideas around with working with a stencil but for some reason I recalled an old cat stamp set from MFT Purr-Fect Cats that I used to think  one of them looked like a hippy cat and thought it would be fun to work with. I've been inspired by a card I had pinned from MFT when they released the stamp set in 2017 where they had ink blended various colours on the "hippy" cat. I white embossed the cats onto the wrong paper again I used my watercolour paper instead of my Ranger Heavy cardstock and its hard to blend on the watercolour paper so I ended up swiping and blending with my blending brush where the colours intermingled.


When dry I  wiped the ink of the embossing and die cut out and viola...


I even had some kitty cats left over so I put one inside the card too.


Well I think this will be a really fun, colourful challenge and am looking forward to getting my fingers inky again next month :)



✿Karen✿

6 comments:

  1. Cats are always good in my book, so are Rainbows and together it's Purrfection indeed. Thank you for playing at our new Challenge AAA Colourful Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew you'd enjoy the kitty cats, thanks Maaike

      Delete
  2. I love how cheerful these colorful cats are and, on my monitor, the colors are spot on! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and colourful, a great design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen