6 February 2024

Let's Celebrate with Cake

It's obviously the month of February, a lot of my favourite challenge sites want hearts and/or pink and red. As one of those sites was AAA Birthday I had to include birthday in the mix too, and to be honest I have too many Valentine Cards in my stash at the mo, though I have decided to send out my V-cards to my girlfriends  this year (plus Pete can also have one), rather than my wee nieces with a simple sentiment inside saying Happy Galentine's day and that I appreciate them being part of my life. 

I used an old Penny Black stamp set which is called Furry Hugs, most of the images seem to have hearts on them but I thought the one I chose was appropriate with a wee cake for the "birthday".


I ended up stamping it directly onto my XpressIt card stock and colouring in with my Copics as it is old school and doesn't have a matching die. I didn't like my original colours I chose so it ended up getting a second blend on top. These are a guesstimate of what I used in the end:
Hedgehog body: E43/E50/R11
Hedgehog quills: I started off using T8/6/4/2 and then decided it needed some brown in the mix so also added E59/57 and the E43 again as they were sitting on my desk.
Cupcake pink icing: RV29/ R35/R32/R30
Heart: R35/RV13/RV21
Cupcake wrapper: RV13/21/10
Wee sprinkles: R35

I added Prisma glitter to the wee hearts and Crystal Glaze to the big heart, so it's lovely and shiny IRL.

Supply List:
Stamps: Furry Hugs (PB), Itty Bitty Celebrations (MFT)
Ink: Jet Black (LF), Versafine Nocturne Clair
Paper: Xpress IT blending, Neenah Solar White #110, Poppy Parade (SU!), Stripes n' Sprinkles DSP (LF)
Dies: Small Stitched Rectangle stackable (LF), Party Banners (MFT)
Other: Copics, Prisma glitter (LF), Crystal Glaze (Nuvo), white Gelli roll pen #8 (Sakura), black glaze pen (Sakura), Quickie glue pen (Sakura)






Well I enjoyed playing along with the 4 challenges and it's always good to have another birthday card in your stash. I know I've had a lot of birthdays lately and my stash was getting low.

Thanks for popping in.

EDITED: 15/3/24: My card was chosen to be in the Top Four at AAA Birthday which is always a lovely surprise to be noted.




✿Karen✿

11 comments:

  1. Such a cute card.. Loved it alot,,
    Please do use Sentiment as Birthday
    Thank you for joining us at AAA birthday challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments, in NZ this sentiment is definitely something we would say on a birthday card and that's what I am going to use the card for; a friend's birthday.

      Delete
  2. Karen, your little hedgehog rushing to deliver his big cupcake and birthday wishes is absolutely adorable! The banner is such a sweet special touch. Thank you so much for sharing this cutie in the Just Us Girls and Colour Hues galleries.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol for popping in and your kind comments

      Delete
  3. This is just precious!!! I adore that colored image and the banner is such a perfect addition. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie got to have party banners if having party cake :0

      Delete
  4. That hedgehog looks so proud to present his cupcake. The entire CAS design is just darling, right down to the banner. Thanks for choosing to join us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments Nancy, that is really appreciated.

      Delete
  5. mmm...cake. Very cute1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I agree it's always the right time for cake but birthdays, it feel like you can eat more

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen