13 February 2024

CASE-ing Sarah Gray

Time Out Challenges have an interesting challenge on their blog at the moment to CASE one of their past DT Sarah Gray who now by the sound of it owns her own Stamp Company funky fossil in the UK.


We were given one of Sarah's cards as our photo inspiration. I really liked the big splat so thought I'd have a play. I found a stencil in my stash which helped me keep my Color Burst powders and Mysticals sprays under control. I found a few arty things amongst my AALL and Create stamps and this is what I came up with. I thought Sarah's splats reminded me of Sweet Mustard and brownish purple but I had nothing really like that but worked in similar but brighter shades, looking at the inspiration picture as I type my blog post I'm trying to work out how to add a tad of blue as I missed that detail when I glanced at the photo. Below is where I was before I thought there's blue in the inspiration.



Well it was really easy to add a tad of blue. I should have allowed it to dry naturally as it's a bit splodgy where I dabbed it to dry but it makes a huge difference adding the blue IMO to the overall balance of the colours.


Supply List:
AALL and Create stamps: Spread Your Wings #729, Power of the Word #754, Art Notes #906
Ink: Versafine Clair Acorn
Paper: Fabriano Artistico watercolour, Marmalade (C9 - retired), Natural White (SU! - retired)
Other: Solar Flare Color Burst powder (Ken Oliver), Gold Temple Mysticals (LAV), Pinkella Mysticals (LAV), Blue Blitz shimmer powder (Nuvo), no. 4 round brush and splat brush, 2mm foam squares (SP), watercolor wash freeform stencil (MFT), Master Layouts 2 (GKD)
Challenge: TOC #256

Well that was a really fun challenge I always like it when my desk looks like a craftastrophe as it means I've been having fun.

EDITED 22/2/24: I was chosen as the winner at Time out Challenges of this challenge which I'm not sure why but I am totally amazed that I could win a non-CAS challenge.




✿Karen✿

10 comments:

  1. I just love how Sarah's card inspired you! And I totally agree--adding the tad of blue made it even better! Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - adding that blue made a huge difference! I liked it before but the blue took it to a whole new level! So happy you were inspired by Sarah's card and thanks for joining us at Time Out! Hugs Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love the way you were inspired and I can really "feel" Sarah's card in your card -a very succesfull CASE! Thank you fro joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Karin, I love your butterfly card.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Anke from New Zealand and thank you for that

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference that touch of blue makes, Karen. So glad you added it and thanks for sharing your wonderful mixed media card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Bobby, we'll blame it on Sarah being cleverer than I for me adding it at the last moment ;)

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen