25 April 2022

Masculine birthday card

Yes the dreaded word "masculine". It's our son-in-law's birthday today and he's a keen crazy golfer so I bought the Clubhouse stamp set and matching dies at 2021's retirement sale from SU! 

When I went off to find the matching DSP I discovered in my stash the also retired Well Suited DSP from SU! and went ohhh, the Pacific Point was pretty similar in colour to the tees in a pair of socks I'd garbbed to go with Jake's voucher.

 So I changed my mind how the card was looking and went with the Double Fancy Fold card I blogged about HERE
The cutting measurements are all the same as the first blog post but I added a Cajun Craze mat which is the size of the smaller white mat and obviously the white mat inside it is now ¼" smaller.

Cutting and scoring dimensions are:
Pacific Point Card stock: One piece 4¼" x 9½" (score at 5½", 6½", 8" and 9"). One piece 3½" x 5¾" (scored at 4¼" and 5¼").
DSP mats: One piece 5¼" x 4", one piece 4" x 1¼", 2 pieces 4" x ¾" and one piece 3¼" x ¾"
Basic White mats : Back mat 4" x 5¼", front mat 3¾" x 3"
Cajun Craze mat4" x 3¼"

I used Hero Arts mid-tone Charcoal ink for stamping out the golf images as I don't own a dark gray ink in my SU! stash. I also used a Zig real color water brush (Persian Blue) as I actually thought that was a closer match to the Pacific Point than my stampin' write marker but  I used Granny Apple Green marker for the grass. I also paper pierced the trousers for the image on the back mat which has a got of room for writing on but I should have snapped it before we wrote on it!


Looking at my original blog post I can see I've added the smaller "rectangle" in the wrong spot and it doesn't fold very well for an envelope but it stands nicely and looks fine in the gift bag with the birthday goodies. 
 
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen