21 April 2022

Butterfly Wishes

Life threw me a curveball over the long Easter weekend with my dearly loved but extremely old cat having a wee seizure and having to be put down. This was something we knew was coming but it's never easy and he's sorely missed after being a big part of my life since November 2003. 

I had planned to make this card for Just Add Ink's latest challenge which was "favourite animal" and yes a cat is mine but I have to be honest I don't actually own any cat stamps that are cute (this will need to be remedied!) so the "animal" I love adding to cards are butterflies, my mum Noleen loved butterflies so I have too many butterfly stamps and even though she has been gone for now over 10 years I still buy too many butterfly stamps. 



Taylored Expressions had a fab monthly card kit called Butterfly Wishes in April 2021 and it was a fab buy and it is so fun to play with and its very uncomplicated easy stenciling. Today I thought I would try a rainbow card but ended up cutting out the indigo/violet butterflies but you may see a peek of violet on the bottom edge.

 It is quite a simple stencil and stamp combo where you stamp on the butterfly bodies with a red rubber stamp (I gold embossed mine today to be a wee bit fancy) and then there are 2 stencils to do the wings. This was my first stamp and matching stencil set and it is just perfect for having a go at using stencils to colour. The stamp set and stencil are still available to buy in the Taylored Expressions store.

I used Distress Oxide inks and Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock for my blending and I have the original blending brushes I bought from Picket Fence which have some smaller brushes in the set which makes it easy to colour in each wing individually.

Stencil one colours in the bottom wings and I used the lighter colour here: Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw. Stencil two does the top wing and the colours used were: Saltwater Taffy, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade.

I used SU! Flirty Flamingo card stock and ink for the small butterfly. The saying and the small butterfly came with the TE Kit and is from a set called Small Sentiments.

Well I am a day too late for the challenge but it was nice to have a wee play with this set which needs more love from me.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen