5 April 2022

Double Pop Up Fancy Fold




Hi everyone, daylight savings has ended in NZ and we have foggy mornings and it's hard to take nice pictures again, so hopefully I can do justice to this Rainbow of Happiness card as it sure makes me happy looking at it in real life. 

I often fall asleep watching videos on YouTube by creative crafters and I fell asleep the other night watching Susan Levasseur from WOW NOLA Creations, I nearly actually got out of bed to make it at the time as I love cards that are "simple" with a bit of WOW and this sure ticks that box. 

Like Susan, I also used Magenta Madness as my cardstock as it was an in-colour that never ticked any boxes for me and I was actually glad it is finally retiring in just under a month, but now after making this card I'm wishing I had more than 2 pieces of card stock left in my stash.

I had originally intended to use the Sweet as a Peach stamp set and its coordinating DSP which are also retiring but was thinking lets get rid of that Magenta Madness I hate.

 I love cards with card stock and matching DSP as in all honesty the rest is pretty easy after that.

 The cutting and scoring dimensions are:
Card stock: One piece 4¼" x 9½" (score at 5½", 6½", 8" and 9"). One piece 3½" x 5¾" (scored at 4¼" and 5¼").
DSP mats: One piece 5¼" x 4", one piece 4" x 1¼", 2 pieces 4" x ¾" and one piece 3¼" x ¾"
Basic White mats : Back mat 4" x 5¼", front mat 4" x 3¼"

This is a really sturdy card and I think this is an excellent design for a Christmas card as it shouldn't blow over and there really isn't too much cutting and scoring of bits, it also folds flat to fit in a standard envelope. It has a big mat on the back to write on and decorate. So Susan sure did a WOW-tastic job!



Supply List (all Stampin' Up! apart from cloud stencil):
Stamps: Rainbow of Happiness
Ink: Pool Party (clouds), Bermuda Bay, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, Early Espresso
Paper: Magenta Madness, Basic White, Sunshine and Rainbows DSP (SAB)
Dies: Brilliant Rainbow (wee cloud), the rainbow is hand cut
Other: Dimesionals,  Wink of Stella (on clouds), left over self stick sequins from a Paper Pumpkin kit, small wee cloud stencil (Dutch Doobadoo)
 

PS the Rainbow of Happiness and matching dies are in SU! current January-June mini catalogue but they are NOT in the next Annual Catalogue coming May 2 2022, so they like Magenta Madness are also "retiring" so if you thought you might want to get it I would highly recommend it. I have some more cards that I have made with this set including a cool shaker card which I must share real soon!

I hope to blog more now I am officially retired and enter a few challenges to stretch me, one of my fav sites is Just Add Ink and their challenge this week is to Use Two (Flower, Paper, Pattern) so I will enter with my DSP and my rainbow pattern



Inky hugs until next time
✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. I do love that card fold too - a card that stays up is a must in my book. The image layering on your rainbow panel adds so much lovely detail. Glad you could play along with us at Just Add Ink.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just such a fun and happy card Karen! Great fold and lovely use of the choose two challenge. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh what a fun fancy fold. Love the bright and fun papers too. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen