28 April 2022

Getting ready for Mother's Day

I've been meaning to ink up the "Miss Your Smile" stencil from Pinkfresh Studio for ever and it's mother's day in NZ next week so no time like the present.

 I love how my card turned out but shocked I don't have any Happy Mother's Day sayings. I've been too brutal in decluttering up my craft space now we are settled in our new home but the lovely sentiment from Waffle Flowers I think is just perfect. 

The stencil is a 4-step stencil, 2 for the flowers and 2 for the leaves. I've done the biggest stencil with the lightest ink and then the contrast with the darkest ink, I've also tried to blend darker in the centre of the flowers as I think the tips are lighter. 

Just some snaps whilst stenciling so you can see the "process"



It's also my first go at making a slimline card! I know some of us are slow of the blocks but truly I feel since Oct 2020 when we started getting my place ready to sale my crafting life has been on hold.

Looking online, a slimline card is a tall card that fits into a business size envelope. Cut your 8.5 x 11″ cardstock to 7 x 8.5″ and fold it in half the long way. The finished slimline card size is 3.5 x 8.5″

I had a piece of white card stock from a Simon Says Stamp monthly card kit in my stash which I believe is Neenah Solar White that everyone in America uses and its a real heavy weight and I was interested to see how my inks blended on it. I normally use SU! shimmery white but its not a true white. I was really happy how the inks blended, seemed easy and smooth.

Supply List:
Stamps: Essential Sentiments (Waffle Flowers)
Ink: So Saffron, Mango Melody, Pale Papaya, Grapefruit Grove, Granny Apple Green, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!), Versamark.
Paper: Neenah White, So Saffron (SU!), Vellum Card (SU!)
Dies: Slim Card Basics (Mama Elephant - rectangle and scalloped rectangle), Essential Sentiments (Waffle Flowers)
Other: mixed Jewels from Taylored Expressions which are clear but look pinky orange as you move them in the light, blending brushes, dimensionals, Rose Gold Crisp EP (Altenew)

Well I am a week early for Mother's Day but was wanting to enter the challenge at Time Out Challenges which is "Spring" and I knew I wanted to use this stencil as so easy to make pretty spring-like cards and it would be perfect as a Mother's Day card too.



✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen