30 April 2022

Small and few and Spring

What a challenge over at AAA cards. I think subconsciously I have over the years been buying bigger and bigger stamps as it is easier to make an effective card easier when it's large and bold but I really liked the designers inspirational cards and a challenge should be challenging so have been churning ideas over in my head for awhile for it, when a distant memory came back about a teeny weeny stinkingly cute butterfly set from Pretty Pink Posh I used to own. Finding the wee stamp set was the biggest challenge. It is tiny 2" x 3" but it was found in my drawer with wee Gorguss gal stamps.

In hindsight I have the small and few (tick) and Spring colours (tick) BUT I didn't really get the CAS right as I ended up making a slim notecard as I felt that was more balanced but I really like the card so sharing it anyhow. The tiniest butterfly and matching die is so stinking cute. It's a shame the 3rd butterfly in the stamp set from PPP didn't face the other direction so I had to use another old set that hasn't seen ink for a long time from Lawn Fawn with it's wee bird. Anyhow it's great to have a play with some stuff I haven't inked up in over 5 years.
My top panel is 3 x 6" and I made a mask with Gina K masking magic to do my blending. I made a stencil with a really old die I have from Simon Says Stamp called Tri Square. I used Copics to colour in my wee butterflies and bird as that was the quickest.

Recipe:
Stamps and matching dies: Blissful Butterflies (Pretty Pink Posh), Gleeful Gardens (Lawn Fawn)
Black inks: Memento Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Distress inks: Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron
Paper: Strathmore Bristol Smooth, X-press It blending card stock, Mango Melody (SU!)
Copics
Bluebird B00/02/05 and Y35/38
Red butterfly R81/83/85 and E35/99
Mauve butterfly RV23/25/29; YR20/61/02, and YR 21/23
Other: White Signo gel pen, dimensionals, Gina K Masking Magic, blending brushes, Tri Square die (Simon Says Stamp)




✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card - I like the butterflies (worth finding the set) and your colour palette. It's not quite CAS as you say, but thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card! Love the tiny critters that you chose for the card and also the colors. Bright and beautiful. Thank you for joining us at AAA cards. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen