26 April 2022

Autumn Inspiration

Just Add Ink's Current Challenge is no. 600 and to celebrate this milestone they have  a gorgeous autumn picture to use as our inspiration!



I loved the shades but deviated a bit as I was inspired by a leaf in a card I had made at Stamp Camp taught to me by Alicia Yap, you can see Alicia's card HERE on her FB page. I was originally going to use Cajun Craze, Coastal Cabana and Soft Suede looking at the picture but ended up using Mint Macaroon, Pumpkin Pie and Soft Suede.


The die cut has been cut out of a piece of Very Vanilla which has had 2 inks; Mint Macaroon and Soft Suede ink added with a blending brush. The die cut leaf tips were then rolled in my Versamark pad and then copper embossed. This technique was used on the card I made at Stamp Camp. I probably haven't die cut enough of the Soft Suede blend but it certainly makes for a more realistic colour.

 I also inked up  The Ton Stamps' Easy Expressions Sympathy stamp set and matching dies. So it's a 2 step stamping set and I've copper embossed the larger fancy script words and used Soft Suede for the normal type and then it die cuts out 5 different sayings:
  • You are in my thoughts
  • Our thoughts are with you
  • Sending condolences
  • With heartfelt sympathy
  • So very sorry

So I now have 4 other strips to use on other cards, what an awesome idea!

Close up of the card so you can see the copper.



Supply List (Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Gorgeous Leaves
Ink: Mint Macaroon, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
Paper: Very Vanilla (I have used the thick version for the base), Mint Macaroon
Dies: Intricate Leaves
Other: Copper embossing powder, dimensionals, copper thread, Tasteful Texture 3D embossing folder

Non-SU! supplies:
Easy Expressions Sympathy stamp set and matching dies (The Ton), Sparkling Crystals mix (Studio Katia)

Well Autumn has arrived in NZ so this was a great challenge and congrats Just Add Ink on your 600th Challenge and for all the inspiration 600 challenges have given us all, that is an awesome feat!

EDITED 28/4: My card was an "honourable mention."
✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. A really lovely card Karen - lovely layout and very pretty colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen