24 March 2024

Surprise Easter Card

I wanted to play along with CAS on Friday's Easter challenge plus combine with the elements from Tic Tac Toe too. So my card front is my clean and simple card for CAS on Friday:


I wanted to make a peek-a-boo window for my wee Easter chicken but I only own a square one from MFT so made my own using Just Stitching Double Circle dies (LF) and a circle die to make a window inside the double stitching.

Now I could have stayed with the CAS theme for Tic Tac Toe but I wanted to make a wee scene inside the card so I'm entering the inside of the card for TTT243 (Easter Eggs, pastel colours, grass). I'll also enter the inside of the card into the collaboration for "birds of a feather" with Time Out and Just Us Girls as well, plus Simon Says : Easter/Spring for their Wednesday Challenge too!


Aren't they just adorable, I've used an older stamp set from Lawn fawn called Chirpy Chirp Chirp and it has stamps to fill in the Easter egg and also the wee flower petals and wee butterflies, which made Copic colouring the chickens and bunny helmets easy.

I just grabbed 2 colour combos from my earliest blends I have, so nothing too fancy but I do like the peachy one a lot.




Supply List:
Stamps: Chirpy Chirp Chirp (LF), Eggstraordinary Easter Add-on (LF - sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Fresh Freesia (SU!), Pale Papaya (SU!), Sparkling Rose (PFS), Sunshine (PFS)
Paper: Neenah Solar White #110, Xpress IT blending, Flower Market DSP (LF - retired)
Dies: Grassy border (LF), Just Stitching Double Circles (LF), Sweet Stacks : Circles (HB)
Other: Copics






Well that was a lot of fun combing a CAS card front with an Easter scene inside, hope you can find time to join in with one or all of the challenges.

EDITED 29/3/24: Very excited to say my wee card was chosen as the winner at CAS on Friday. I loved the card so pleased others agreed.


✿Karen✿

8 comments:

  1. OMGosh Karen... these cards could not be any cuter! Just adorable. I love the clean and simple design...just perfect. Thanks so much for joining and sharing with us at Just Us Girls and Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and cute card! That chick made me smile - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made me smile too, thanks for the fun challenge from the collaboration of the two DTs

      Delete
  3. This card is sooo cute. I love the cut-out for the chick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card and I love that the peekaboo window only reveals only a small piece of this lovely scene! Thanks for entering your beautiful feathered friends into our collaboration challenge at Time Out Challenges and JUGS!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen