9 March 2024

Take 4 challenges and ...

I dilly dally around sometimes so much that someone gets in first with my idea. I'd decided I was going to combine Color Throwdown's latest colour challenge with Freshly Made Sketch's sketch using my old SU! set Watercolor shapes for the circle shape but Christy bet me to it. So back to "thinking" of a plan B. In the end I decided I would just go for it and use a circle mask and ink the peach and sage inks and see what it looked like

Once that was done, I then decided I would use a new stamp set I received from Pretty Pink Posh recently in a Virtual class kit as it had a nice flower plus foliage, and then the next bits fell into place really easily as that set has a Hello Friend sentiment which covered Addicted to CAS's and CAS on Friday's latest challenges too - the first one wants Friends and the latter Hello. Now that's what I call working smarter not harder. I used my Gina K Master Layouts to get my nice squares all matted and stitched. The coloured mat is just the Sunkissed ink swiped all around the edge.



Supply List:
Stamps: Hummingbird Floral (PPP)
Ink: Sunkissed (PFS), Sage (PFS), Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU!)
Other: Master Layouts 3 (GKD), circle masking stencil (TE), blending brushes (TE), Leaf Glitter drops (PFS)









Well actually just starting on the first 2 challenges stopped me dillying dallying and my card came together really quickly.

Thanks for popping in.

EDITED 12/3/24: Gosh my entry at The Color Throwdown was the "lucky number" to join this very talented pool of ladies for a future challenge. Not sure if I should be scared or excited but probably a mixture of the two.


EDITED 12/3/24: Gosh this design and colours are on a roll, over at Freshly Made Sketches my card is Kim's choice :) " I love Karen’s fresh take on the sketch. The colors are lovely on the half circles and the simple image and sentiment fit perfectly!"

EDITED 15/3/24: This wee card is a real winner it's also a favourite over at CAS on Friday's site.



EDITED 21/3/24: I can't believe it my card made the Top 3 at Addicted to CAS this is the first time I've entered multiple challenges and all of the challenges have seen the card as "worthy". Big kudos goes to Freshly Made Sketches for the sketch.



✿Karen✿

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful use of the sketch! Love the soft colors on the half circles along with that sweet flower! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever and pretty card!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a harming card! I love this soft color palette ad the sweet floral image. Thanks for joining us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Those two semicircles are perfect! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the offset semi-circles - so fun! The floral image is so pretty against the colors you chose for the semi-circles. Great clean and simple card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen