21 March 2024

Birds of a Feather

Two of my fav challenge sites Just Us Girls and Time Out Challenges have for their current challenge a collaborative challenge "Birds of the Feather". 

Suggestions were birds, feathers and "birds" of course can be us ladies/girls too. I had an idea but when I saw this DSP covered in feathers in the Bird Ballad collection (SU! - retired) I just had to use it.

I decided I needed a biggish bird, so it was time to bring out the Bird Crazy set (Stampers Anonymous). When I use one of the crazy critters I like to add on an accessory from Crazy Things and as Easter is approaching fast I chose the bunny ears. I coloured them all up using my Distress Watercolor pencils. I've cut out the eyes to make it crazier, popped them up on foam and added some Crystal Glaze (Nuvo). The word-fetti comes from Let's Chill (EE). The yellow card stock is Honeycomb from Concord &9 as it kind of matched the Mustard Seed pencil .



Well that was a lot of fun, just looking at the card makes me smile! Thanks for popping in.

✿Karen✿

10 comments:

  1. What a fun card with that crazy bird and its bunny ears!! The spring colors and that great patterned paper pair so well with the bird and that sentiment, perfect! Thanks for joining our bird theme at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun! Love the bird. Thanks for sharing at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun bird and great paper. Thank you for joining us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen... great background for THoltz' crazy bird. Love it...great encouragement card. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls and Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eliz, loving seeing all the bird ideas

      Delete
  5. What a fun card, Karen. I haven't used my crazy birds in ages so thanks for the inspiration. And thanks for sharing your card with us at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaboration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobby really enjoying see all the bird inspiration

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen