7 March 2024

Rainy Days

The title and mood board at The Paper Players fits our weather really well, we've dropped 10oC in a week and its grey and gloomy, guess Summer is over and we're heading straight for Autumn (and Winter) for real in New Zealand. Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge is to add a sentiment to a card so it's always good to throw your name in the hat, just in case you're lucky ;)

I thought I'd play with an old stamp set that hadn't seen ink in awhile Look for Rainbows (Avery Elle) as it has a cute bunny hiding under an umbrella. I thought it would be cute to make it a rainbow umbrella with grey clouds and using one of the sentiments in the set I "you make me HAPPY when skies are grey"



I used Copics to colour up the images, I ended up debossing a hot foil plate as I didn't have a cloud embossing folder and I feel it's added a bit of background interest. The wee grey circled scallop frame was sitting in with the dies obviously not used last time but I felt it worked perfectly, so it was all falling into place.

Supply List:
Stamps: Look for Rainbows (AE)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Morning Mist (Versafine Clair), Lost Shadow distress oxide
Paper: Cobblestone (C9), Starry Skies DSP (LF), Xpress IT blending, white from my stash
Dies: Inside-out stitched rectangle (LF), Scallop Circles (PPP), Cloud Background hot foil plate (LF)
Other: Copics, debossing kit (Sizzix), blending brushes (TE), Gelli roll no 8 pen, 1mm square foam (SP), mini cloud edge stencil (MFT)
Challenges: PP#679, SSS Wednesday



I'm really happy with my wee ray of sunshine amongst the grey clouds, so do check out the other fab creations at The Paper Players and hopefully you'll have time to join in with one or both of the challenges.

Thanks for popping in.

EDITED 9/3/24: My wee card was chosen by Ann in the DT to be a Cut Above "Karen's bunny-in-boots with the rainbow-hued umbrella stole her heart." Many thanks Ann !!



✿Karen✿

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen...this card is absolutely adorable! This is such a cute image, and you have colored it perfectly. I LOVE the sentiment. This card would brighten anyone's day! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, just what I needed to brighten up my grey day

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen