3 March 2024

AAA Cards Challenge 260: Sketch Challenge

The challenge at AAA Cards turned out to be a real easy one for me this week as I had the perfect set to just do the sketch "as is". I've used  a few of my oldest Altenew stamp sets; Painted Butterflies and Label Love. I'll also pop my card up in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge with "Anything Goes".

The only tricky thing was getting 5 butterflies along an edge, so I made a bigger card (7" x 5") to squeeze them all in). 

I was stamping on a 6-3/4" x 4-3/4" mat when I decided I wanted to add some washi, at this stage the balance looked wrong to me, I was worried I had too much white space. I found an old striped black and white washi in my stash which I feel works perfectly. As I ended up "placing" the mat on the RHS directly I ended up cutting  off 1/4" off the top of the card to balance it all up and my final card's dimension is 6-3/4" x 5".


Pinkfresh Studio inks used for my colour combos (top > bottom; lightest > darkest):
  • Cherry Blossom/Peony
  • Sunkissed/Mimosa
  • Limoncello/Bay Leaf
  • Waterfall/Paradise
  • Soft Lilac/Lavender
And the sketch which was my inspiration:



Just a reminder what CAS means to AAA Cards, we maybe the most restrictive of all the CAS Challenges but it also means the card is relatively easy to create. Now the trick is to make your images pop, and I hope I have done that today.


As always you have 2 weeks to rise to the challenge and I hope you can join us and please do check out the other fab designs on display at the AAA Cards blog. Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

8 comments:

  1. love your take on our sketch and those dainty butterflies and their colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maaike, I love seeing what everyone comes up with for the sketches, the DT and everyone entering, learning lots!

      Delete
  2. Such pretty bflies! Awesome card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, we both were thinking of butterflies for the sketch. My mum loved me making her butterfly cards so it's always bitter-sweet creating them these days

      Delete
  3. Love those butterflies Karen and they're so pretty in those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your rainbow butterflies! The touch of black and white along the edge is very smart.... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin, it really needed something as to much white space otherwise ;)

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen