25 March 2024

Birthday dinosaurs

Just Add Ink has a "weird colour combo" up at the moment, the last time I thought a colour combo was weird and went just do it, just make a card, I really ended up loving it. This time I am not totally convinced about the combo. I personally find when I don't like a colour combo try to use it with scraps of card stock and dies. I thought the colours would work with my new-to-me Birthday Dinosaurs dies from Spellbinders. Making a girl dino with all the bits is always going to be super cute and I think she does look "RAWRsome" in Pretty Peacock, Fresh Freesia and  Cajun Craze.

I had a spare dino so decided to play along with the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches as well. I can't decide which card is cutest so will enter the double dino photo into the Just Add Ink Challenge and the Cajun Craze dino into the Freshly Made Sketches sketch challenge.




Supply List:
Stamps: Burlap background (TE), Fairy Friends (LF - sentiment "have a magical day"), Monster Fun (GSD - sentiment RAWRsome")
Ink: Fresh Freesia (SU!), Peacock (C9)
Paper: Fresh Freesia (SU!), Cajun Crush (SU!), Pretty Peacock (SU!), Neenah Solar White, black scraps
Dies: Birthday Dinosaur (SP), Featured Sentiments (ALT)
Other: 1mm foam squares (SP)
Challenges: JAI #694, FMS #628




There is something about a card made of dies that looks really special, but the wee girl dino certainly brings a smile to my face no matter what colour she is wearing. Thanks for popping in.

EDITED 28/3/24: Absolutely rapt to get an honourable mention at Just Add Ink, the winning card was amazing so you should check it out for real she totally knocked these 3 colours out of the park. 

The kind comments the some of the design team had to say...  "Such cute and fun cards, great use of the challenge colours".  "Absolutely adorable and perfect use of these colours!"  "Love these Dino! They are so pretty and super cute!!"
✿Karen✿

10 comments:

  1. What charming little dinosaurs! LOVE your use of the sketch AND the colors! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I still am in awe how if I play along with FMS it makes it better than "I could do by myself"

      Delete
  2. Hey, you met the colour challenge with 2 great cards!... and the sketch challenge too. Gotta be happy with that. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol and challenges like these totally surprises me how they make my ideas better

      Delete
  3. These dino cards are so cute. I love the colors you used to create them. Thanks for dropping by my Blog and leaving some love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super sweet duo ! These dino are darlings. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cards Karen, the little Dino is adorable

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen