17 March 2024

AAA Card Challenges 261: anything CAS goes

I hope you can see there is a pattern this year at AAA Cards the odd-numbered challenges are anything CAS with an option, the even-numbered challenges are a sketch challenge.

So this week AAA Card's Challenge optional twist is Spring, which is funny as we are heading into Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere.

I'm playing with a new stamp set to me from Altenew called Simple Flowers Add-on. It's interesting what smaller sets Altenew puts out apart from the affordable price they often also have matching dies. I've gone real CAS on this and stamped directly to an A2 card base using a block. I've actually CASE-d Altenew's sample for the stamp set as that is what made me buy the set in the first place. 



I was happy with the stamping and design but would you believe it there must have been a piece of something on the edge of the darkest flower (where the bee is). I thought no worries I'll re-stamp it again but the second time I grabbed the lightest ink again for the misbehaving flower, so decided I would fix the first card if I could before making a third card. I tried adding white gel pen on top which didn't really remove the smudge so to cover it up I ended up using these bought and not used for a long time Bumblebee trinkets from SU!

Inks above are all Pinkfresh Studio: Sunkissed, Mango Sorbet, Fruit Punch; Fresh Pear, Grassy Knoll and Misty Coast. I finished off with a sentiment from Label Love (ALT).

This is what the repeat card looked like, I added a bumblebee even though not needed to use another one up out of the stash.


I definitely prefer the first card colour combo but a really effective set to make some quick cards. I like the modern look of the imagery too and the extra dots/spots. I hope you can make sometime to play along with AAA Cards as Spring colours are the bestest but anything CAS goes too!



I also thinks my card fits perfectly with Addicted to CAS's latest challenge "Bloom" so will play along with their challenge too.



Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

8 comments:

  1. love the bright pops of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!! Love this set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francesca it is quite delightful

      Delete
  3. Such fun mini blooms. I love the pop of color and fresh, spring blooms. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this CAS and the bolder colours, and yes it is a great stamp set. CarolG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen