2 April 2024

Scrappy Strip goes mosaic

I saw recently that the Bertucci's had a new version of their scrappy strip technique I thought it might be fun to have a go using the colours I could see in the new colour board at AAA Colourful.

How to get started; in a nutshell you create a "scrappy strip panel". As the strips have to be uneven in width you actually create the strips by cutting.

I also need to say that I will never do this technique again it's so messy, you have to glue down the first strips really well as every bit has to be adhered for when you cut the second strip. EDITED 4/4/24: One of my crafty friends Sarah had a brilliant suggestion to use adhesive sheets on the card stock before making scrappy strips so then no glue needed.

You then attach them to a panel of black, leaving small gaps between, leave over night to dry and cut off the ends with your trimmer/guillotine/sharp scissors. Then using a trimmer or guillotine,  I used the latter, create a pile of 1/4" strips.


When attaching the 1/4" strips you still leave a wee gap but the gluing is much easier as you can glue straight down the middle and not edge to edge.

I've just used a sentiment  from Hero Art's Encouragement Sentiment Strips to finish off as I had a pile in my stash already white heat embossed.

This is the colour board at AAA Colourful that inspired my colour choices which were: Sweet Pea (C9), Fig (C9), Grape Soda (C9), Very Vanilla (SU!), Lemon Lolly (SU!), Orchid Oasis (SU!)


As always I'm pleased to have tried something new and if I had an Zig Glue stick of old I think I would have liked adding the glue to the back better but you definitely have to have the first strips adhered fully to make this work. Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

2 comments:

  1. Love this technique - never seen it with the black background showing through before - it really elevates to another level. So glad you persevered with the glue, it was worth it, such a fun and interesting card! (and yeah, I often use adhesive sheets for strip techniques, much better for your sanity haha. Thanks for joining us for this month's challenge over at AAA Colourful.
    Anne S
    Design team member, AAA Colourful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne my friend I gave it too - loved the card - so it was worth the effort

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen