8 April 2024

Cake Inspiration

Playing along with Just Add Ink's latest challenge which is an inspiration photo which is good enough to eat and the DT have come up with some fab cake cards which truly are even scrummier plus lots of lovely flowers. It's also a really nice colour palate to play with. I've been inspired by the "cake" and the colour palate; I see cream, mint green, freesia purple and a darker purple in the image.

I actually only own 2 cake stamps one from a Simon Hurley Class kit and one from Studio Katia (Mini Birthday Cake). I went with the latter as it has a matching die. I did use the wee stencil of Simon's from the class kit which is a prototype/smaller stencil of the released Flip Flop Circles (stencil). I ink blended through the stencil Fresh Freesia ink (SU!) and then turned the stencil over and used a glitter paste I created with Fairy Dust stencil paste (LF) and Mint re-inker (PFS). I Copic coloured up my image in the following shades:
  • Greens: G05/03/02/000
  • Violets: V17/15/12
  • Yellow-reds: YR23/21/20/31/30 
The sentiment comes from MFT's Itty Bitty Celebrations. I've also added a Just Double-Stitched Rectangle (LF) pattern to my card to add a subtle bit of detail.


Hopefully you can see the homemade glitter paste in this snap better, but it is very pretty IRL. I love minty greens.



Just a very quick post and card as I happy to report that I have adopted a rescue cat ~3months old and it is day 2 of being "mum" but she is quite lost and lonely at the mo but seems extremely smoochy so will post some pictures soon of her. 

I'd also like to play along with Colourful Options who are challenging us to use "PASTELS" in April.

And also entering at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - where this week the theme is "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

 Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The circles are a clever touch....fun!! Love the Cake image too. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen