28 April 2024

It's bright and sunny...

at my place today, it truly is a perfect Autumn day. I think this may have influenced me what challenges I had a play along with as I had different ideas when I went into play.

So I ended up playing along with Color Hues (pink and yellow) which made colouring up my scene very easy with minimal Copics. CAS on Friday would like some sunshine and Just Us Girls would like a stencil; so sunshine was added to my wee scene with a stencil. I love it when the challenges direct how the card is created.


I chose this really cool sentiment so I had to change the orientation of my card. I actually stamped the sentiment first then stamped the bunny, then masked the bunny, stamped the towel, masked the towel, then stamped the beach umbrella, masked the umbrella, then did my ink blending through the stencil. Removed masks and Copic coloured up quite simply as a 2 colour challenge at Color Hues. I even coloured up my bunny with light pink E's.


Supply List:
Stamps: Beach Day (EE), Let's Chill (EE)
Inks: Versafine Clair Nocturne, Detail Black (PFS), Lemon Whip (PFS), Sunshine (PFS)
Paper: Neenah Solar White #80 and #110lb
Other: Copics, Sunray Background stencil (LF), Inside Out Stitched Rectangle die (LF), blending brushes, masking paper






Well I think that's a trifecta when the sum of the three challenges makes it better than if I did them as stand alone. Thanks for popping in.

EDITED 1/5/24: My card was a runner up at the Color Hues Challenge which makes me really happy as OMG there were some lovely yellow and pink cards entered.


EDITED 10/5/24: Very thrilled my card was the CAS on Friday winner.

✿Karen✿

12 comments:

  1. It's hard to imagine a card that meets three challenges better than this one! Just perfect, and I love the CAS design. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks "fellow Karen" I really love these colours and have enjoyed seeing the fab cards everyone has been creating with them, they certainly make for a happy card!

      Delete
  2. I bought these stamp sets when Ellen Hutson was closing her main business. You have made such a darling card!!! That sunshine is adorable behind the bunny and umbrella! So happy you decided to play with us at Just Us Girls this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol I agree that adding the stencil for JUG challenge lifted the card up a notch. I too bought this set from EBE at closing time, so sad she's closed down. Living in New Zealand its impossible to buy too much from the US if it's not available here but EBE was a company I shopped at occasionally in the past as I love their designs.

      Delete
  3. Karen... love how you masked off the sun rays... perfect setting for that adorable bunny and fab sentiment. I just love a clean card! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! A Sun Bunny :) - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could not be any cuter, Karen! I absolutely adore it. Your coloring is wonderful too. Thanks for choosing Color Hues to play along with, we appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the fab colours to play with

      Delete
  6. My apologies for the belated commenting. This is absolutely precious and Hannelie was spot on when awarding you a shout out. Congrats and thanks so much for playing with Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen