27 April 2024

Shaker birthday card

It's been awhile since I've made a shaker card and I should make more as they are fun, pack a wow, and I might get to use up all those shaking bits I can't help myself collecting.

When I saw AAA Birthday's April challenge was for a shaker card I knew exactly what die I wanted to use as it had taken me a long time to track one down and that die is the Happy Birthday Circle Frame die from MFT stamps. Inkspirational also has a very cool rainbow mood board which I feel my rainbow colours play along nicely with as well (especially as I have rainbow letters). I'll also play along with Seize the Birthday's anything goes or I might be off the edge enough to be doing the "topping"  with STB. And as you have to be in it to win it, I'm always pleased when Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge.

I've just die cut my HB Circle frame out of white card stock and then Copic coloured the letters in a rainbow, made my shaker and then had to decide what image to add for some extra cute appeal. I'm still in love with my Party Animal set from Pink and Main so used the party chick and cupcake this time. As the chick is yellow I used the complementary colour which is supposed to be Violet for the background colour of the mat and for the cupcake icing. My final card is a 4-1/4" square.




Supply List:
Stamps: Party Animal (P&M)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Orchid Oasis (SU!), Neenah Solar White, Xpress IT blending
Dies: Happy Birthday Circle Frame (MFT), Stitched Scallop Square (PFS), Master Layouts 3 (GKD), Sweet Circle Stack (HB)
Other: Copics, acetate scrap, foam tape, Rainbow Sprinkle mix (PPP), white Gelli roll pen
Challenges: AAAB#60,  INK#313STB#282, SSSW#116,





Well I'd better go tidy up my wee craftastrophe but this in all honesty is a relatively easy card which is always fun to give, thanks for popping in and hope you can play along with some of these fabulous challenges.

✿Karen✿

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is absolutely delicious! Love the sprinkles inside your shaker and the chick is just the cutest. Thanks so much for being such a loyal player at AAA Birthday. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, what a sweet, rainbow shaker card. Love all the fun colors. I think you could consider this an off the edge card with your little chick and cupcake hanging off of the circle. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda I wondered about that too, thanks for confirming that maybe I meet the optional twist as well.

      Delete
  3. This is adorable. The little duck is so cute and I love all the sprinkles in the shaker window. Thanks for joining AAA Birthday. Deborah, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just too adorable! Love the colors and those fun shaker bits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just darling, Karen! I especially love the shaker elements and how well they match the Happy Birthday letters. Awesome, Birthday card and totally goes with our Topping. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy it's always fun to play with rainbows

      Delete
  6. I'm craving a sprinkled cupcake now; this is so cool! Thank you for sharing with us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol sorry Marlena but agree it looks good enough to eat

      Delete
  7. Oh such a cute and pretty card.. I so so love result alcohol markers give but due to allergy I cant use them often, though i have decent number of markers in stash 🤭
    You really have done awesome in terms of colour choices, the card look so beautiful..
    Thank you for joining us at aaa birthday challenges.. Swapna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swapna what lovely comments thank you so much and so sorry to hear you can't work with alcohol markers, but the good news about that is you ll have more money for stamps.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen