6 April 2020

Lockdown week 2 Star Stamper Challenge

Wow now that's a mouthful. When you join up Stampin' Up! you get a wee virtual family. Now is a perfect example when it's really nice to have a virtual family that are crafty related. My bubble partner is slowly demolishing the garden and he loves seeing what I create and will be my colour consultant but that's as far as he goes so it's really good to have a Stampin' family who are spread throughout NZ The "Star Stampers". Last week Bev Poultney challenged us to try the scrappy strip technique & I loved it. Week 2 & it's Rhonda Fawcett's turn she has challenged us to do a challenge from her blog in January, you can see what she created HERE back then.

I have to be honest I had so many ideas for this one. Rhonda is right using a sketch really helps with the card design. I settled on using one of my favourite SU! colours (the retired Lemon Lime Twist) as we all need a bit of cheer with the new absolutely stunning Ornate Borders dies which are coming in the new annual catalogue which kicks off in June but we can pre-order NOW. I'm not a fussy card maker but wow these dies, in fact the whole bundle made my heart go boom in a good way. Being a demonstrator I was able to pre-purchase my bundle last month when Sale-a-bration was active & earn free products on top so it seemed appropriate to use the free product (the Thoughtful Blooms stamp set and matching punch, both of which I earned for free in SAB and is no longer available).


Supply List (all SU!):
Stamps:Thoughtful Blooms
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Lemon-Lime Twist (retired), Gorgeous Grape, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Whisper White, Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist, Gingham Gala DSP
Other: Small Bloom Punch, Ornate Borders dies, Layering Circles framelits, dimensionals


If you'd like to play along with the Star Stampers & don't have a blog you are welcome to e-mail your KReation & I can blog it for you. If you have blogged it just comment below.

If you'd like to know more about the fabulous Ornate Garden Suite pre-order check out my Specials tab above.

Thanks for stopping by, the weather forecast in NZ is shocking for Easter so it maybe a very good time to be lock-downed and playing with our craft supplies. Hopefully you were clever like me & stocked up on Easter eggs too.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen